It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-25-2009   #1 (permalink)
Hermit kitty

Default I have a question about this cat's breed

I found this cat sitting in my yard last week. She is friendly, not struggling, hissing nor growling at me when I approach her. She let me pick her up so I think she probably owned by someone else before this. I put up a found posters around my blocks and I'm trying to identify this cat's breed now, just in case the someone who claim to be her owner show up.

So can you please identify this cat's breed. I did post her picture in another forum already but so far I got the mixed response from there. Some says it's Himalayan mixed or Himalaya, and some says it's Ragdoll. One board member did advice me to go to cat only forum to seek more advice.

also I need to know her exact breed because if she's Himalayan, then maybe my vet will wants her, just in case when no one wants her. He wants a Persian cat though.

Here are her pictures so far:

I have to put her in the cage, because she tends to walk out and I'm afraid that she will walk out onto the street and got killed by a car or a pack of stray dog. I don't live in the US now so scanning for microchip is also impossible.

She's now stay at my vet's clinic for temporary and her eye is OK now.

Last edited by Hermit kitty; 03-25-2009 at 11:13 AM.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-25-2009   #2 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hi dear,well done for taking this gorgeous cat in,and getting her to the vets to sort her eye out,poor thing.She does look like Himalayan,from the ones that are on here.Don't you want to keep her yourself?xxxxx
Unread 03-25-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

He's an Himalayan without any doubt. Gorjussss kit, keep him!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-25-2009   #4 (permalink)
Hermit kitty

Thanks for the answer. Anyone else wants to chime in about the breed?

I wish I could keep her too but she won't be happy with me. I have 16 cats already, with 1 more semi stray cats and 1 stray cats who like to come and go in my house.

All of my cats are outdoor, though some of them have their own big cage in the yard. The rest are also kept in carrier over night for their own safety. I let them go out for a walk during the day though.

The reason I can't take my cats in is because my family doesn't allow them to be inside except that they are sick and are kept in a carrier when they are in the house.

By the way, I'm not sure I post in the right section or not. I did post in a hurry and now after I came back to check, there's also another section for cat's breed discussion. ^^;;

Last edited by Hermit kitty; 03-25-2009 at 11:11 AM.

Unread 03-25-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Someone who cares, well done and welcome ..

I was so touched to read this post, and am glad to learn that at least there's someone out there who cares for this poor and helpless kitty.

When you described her friendly attitude towards people, for this baby of courseI really think it's the best solution to be reconciled to her owner (maybe her owner is very upset by now - if i had to lose one of my babes i will certainly got crazy). I remember once i saw a lost-and-found website, been looking for it for a while, but coudn't find it, sorry ...

Thanks for being a good neighbor, and for not abandoning her, especially for taking her to the vet to fix her eye. Perhaps it is also fine for her to be kept by the vet, since you have your own obligation, you did your best... SALUTE !
Unread 03-25-2009   #6 (permalink)
Hermit kitty

I want her to meet her owner too, but it's 2 weeks already. some people told me that perhaps her owner intentionally dump her into my house though, because maybe they don't want her anymore.

One of my vet wants a Persian cat. He actually own 2 Persian already. So if the cat is Himalayan, then she have more chance the vet will like her. However, some people told me that she's not a Persian nor a Himalayan, but a Ragdoll. So I'm confused.

And she has a soft mew too, her meow isn't that loud so I'm not sure which breed she is exactly.

Last edited by Hermit kitty; 03-25-2009 at 11:15 AM.

Unread 03-25-2009   #7 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

I don't think she's a ragdoll.Go to cat pictures and have a look at the ragdolls.xxxxx
Unread 03-25-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

I checked the google, and to me, she looks more Himalayan (point himalayan) than Ragdoll
Unread 03-25-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road

Me also, I think she's an Himalayan kittie.

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 03-25-2009   #10 (permalink)
NewBengalMommy

She looks to either be a purebreed himmie or a mix between siameseXhimmie as i have seen a couple of cats that look exactly like that and they were a siamese mixed with himalayan.

Tags
adopted , advice , baby , breed , breeds , car , care , cat , cat's , cats , crazy , dog , eye , family , fever , found , friendly , growling , happy , hey , himalayan , hissing , home , house , kitty , lost , meow , night , outdoor , over night , persian , pet , picture , pictures , problem , problems , question , ragdoll , search , sick , smart , stray , vet

Sponsored Cat Links