It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-03-2009   #1 (permalink)
kiara

Default kiara

hi all,

i was wondering if you could guesstimate how far pregnant my cat is.
she has been showing for 2 weeks approx, eating well, going toilet normally, i cant see or feel the babies moving, her nipples are larger and have what id say looks like dry skin, but could this be dry milk maybe?, she has lost a little fur around them, i cant see any milk leaking, she had kittens 7 months ago and is hissing at them, she is 2 years old, she has been sleeping alot in my cupboard, the last 2 days she has been getting in to really small spaces, She is also scratching at her bed and at the news paper.
thanks. x

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-03-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hi, Kiara, welcome !

Is your kitty an indoor but freely play around cat, or indoor but "now" she doesn't play around anymore ? Does she "now" like to stay in her bed like what was shown in the picture ? She looks well taken care of in the picture, but I would hope that she's free to move around in the house, not in the cage. So I hope you can encourage her to come out of the cage.

You mentioned she had kittens 7 months ago, and is now pregnant "again" ? Did you handle her when she gave birth to her kittens 7 months ago ? If yes, I think you would recall her last condition,and compare to her "now" condition. May I ask you why don't you get her spayed ? And how many kittens do you now have ? From the picture I cannot tell much about her pregnancy. I wish others at this forum can tell you more about her pregnancy. Why don't you get her checked at the vet ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-03-2009   #3 (permalink)
kiara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jims View Post
Hi, Kiara, welcome !

Is your kitty an indoor but freely play around cat, or indoor but "now" she doesn't play around anymore ? Does she "now" like to stay in her bed like what was shown in the picture ? She looks well taken care of in the picture, but I would hope that she's free to move around in the house, not in the cage. So I hope you can encourage her to come out of the cage.

You mentioned she had kittens 7 months ago, and is now pregnant "again" ? Did you handle her when she gave birth to her kittens 7 months ago ? If yes, I think you would recall her last condition,and compare to her "now" condition. May I ask you why don't you get her spayed ? And how many kittens do you now have ? From the picture I cannot tell much about her pregnancy. I wish others at this forum can tell you more about her pregnancy. Why don't you get her checked at the vet ?
Hi, she is an indoor cat but isnt playing around anymore, she likes to be in bed all the time with the occasional walk about to stretch her legs. she is not in the crate constantly but she is kept in one room for now whilst she has her kittens as i have 4 other cats and she doesnt like them near her. i close the crate when i am out as i wouldnt like her to give birth some where that could cause herself or the kittens any harm. yes she is pregnant again! my parntner was letting her out to go 'toilet' not realising. i was not present when she had her last litter. she was 5 days early and had them at night in the hall when we were all asleep. she was due to be spayed this friday along with the last litter but obviously this wont be happening now. she had 3 kittens in her last litter and i have kept them, i also have another cat. if she hasnt had them by friday i will take her in when i take the others to be spayed if the vet advises me too, i wouldnt want to stress her out. i think she may have them tonight as she is scratching at the floor all the timeand licking her behind.
thanks for your reply. x

Unread 06-03-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

I would think (no experience with pregnant kitties-only pregnant dogs) that once they start scratching around at the bedding, they are getting close to giving birth. Have you had a vet check her? A vet could give you a really good idea (with ultrasound) of how big the kittens are inside, and when she might be giving birth. From reading this, I am guessing she is pretty close, but it's hard to tell with just a picture.
Unread 06-04-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi & welcome!

I'm not experienced in pregnant cats, sorry. I only can say that your girl is fab, concats!
The best will be to pay a visit to the vet.
Good luck & pls keep us posted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 06-04-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hi Kiara, thanks for the clarification. Now it is very clear to me how your situation is. I think you're right, it's safer for her to be separated from her last litter and your other cat. Anyway, even if you are expecting her to give birth soon, I think it's still more advisable to get her 7 months old kittens fixed. Then after her soon coming kittens are weaned, you can take momma to be spayed also.

All the best to momma kitty and all your kitties !
I agree with Maya, your momma kitty is fabulous ! I believer her kittens must be all adorable too.. Concats !

Tags
adorable , another cat , art , babies , birth , care , cat , cats , dogs , dry , eating , fixed , fur , girl , hey , hissing , house , indoor , kittens , kitties , kitty , licking , litter , lost , love , moving , night , picture , play , playing , pregnancy , pregnant , present , scratching , sleeping , small , spayed , stress , vet , weaned

Sponsored Cat Links