It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-18-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

khoalle27 is on a distinguished road
Default worried plz help ASAP

my cat got pregnant by accident. she is an indoor cat only, and i have'nt gotten her fixed 1. i don't have the money to do so and 2. i don't let her outside at all. my screen door was open to let her have some fresh air (the acuall screenpart stands 5.5 feet off the ground on the door, and with nowhere for a cat to climb up it). its been 2.5 months and i went in to check on her in our porch room and there was blood n the washer and a motionless kitten laying behind the washer. it's been a week and a half and she hasn't had a kitten since. she's still big, and still licking herself. she keeps acting anxious and now she has stuck firmly to her nesting area.

when i noticed the blood and the kitten i thought she was close so i let her inside and made a nesting area for her in my closet she's been sticking to my room until lately where she's in the closet.

im very worried, and i would've taken her to the vet by now but the vet's are expensive ($50-$75 just for the walk-in fee, and not counting anything else they would do). and there aren't any low cost clinics anywhere around. i am very low on money, and i just lost my job cuas ethe place i was working at went out of business.

she is still eating and ive just been letting her do her own thing
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-22-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Your cat needs to see a vet.

Vet visits are not an optional part of owning a pet, when you have a pet, you need to take her to the vet. It is illegal to not get an animal health care when they need it, and letting a cat suffer is just wrong, besides.

As you are going to find out, not getting her spayed is going to cost you a lot more that just having it done.

Please bring your kitty to the vet before she suffers any longer. Cats can be pregnant by more than one tom, the gestation period is 64 days. If it has been more than that, she is probably carrying a bunch of dead kittens and will be dead herself before too long if you don't get her medical treatment.

Hope you've gotten her seen by now.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-22-2010   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

Default reply

Like i said when i posted this "i don't have the money to take her to vet they are expensive just for the sign-in fee" i realize i need to take her into the vet but i currently have about 25 dollars to my name at the current time. and no it is not illegal to not have ur animal takin to the vet, ive taken my 5 year old dog into the vet for the first time when she turned 5 and they said she's the healthiest dog they've seen.

and i have been in the process of trying to get her spayed, she has never been let out of the house for this exact reason. a neighborhood tom tore through the screen and got in with her.

and yes i realize a cat can get pregnant by more than one tom, but there were no multiple tom's connected in this incident.

when i posted this i was asking about any options people might have and not for facts i already know about. i have owned cats for 16 years so i am well knowledged in cat birth. this is just simply something i have never come across and i am at a loss at what to do.

and until i get the money to take her to the vet like i desperatley want to i have no other option but to wait and see what happens. Don't get me wrong i would love to take my cat to vet cause i know it is the best interest of the animal. But in my current situation that can't happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
Your cat needs to see a vet.

Vet visits are not an optional part of owning a pet, when you have a pet, you need to take her to the vet. It is illegal to not get an animal health care when they need it, and letting a cat suffer is just wrong, besides.

As you are going to find out, not getting her spayed is going to cost you a lot more that just having it done.

Please bring your kitty to the vet before she suffers any longer. Cats can be pregnant by more than one tom, the gestation period is 64 days. If it has been more than that, she is probably carrying a bunch of dead kittens and will be dead herself before too long if you don't get her medical treatment.

Hope you've gotten her seen by now.
Unread 07-23-2010   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoalle27 View Post
and no it is not illegal to not have ur animal takin to the vet, ive taken my 5 year old dog into the vet for the first time when she turned 5 and they said she's the healthiest dog they've seen.
It is illegal to not get medical treatment for a sick animal, it is called animal neglect.

Please take this cat to a rescue or shelter or vet and surrender her so she can get the medical attention she so obviously needs. There is nothing that can be done for her at home, she needs a veterinarian.

She is going to die if she is carrying around a load of dead kittens, and it is not going to be a pleasant death, she is probably already suffering.

by the way, if you have had cats for 16 years and are "knowledgeable about cat birth", this means that you don't act responsibly and get your cats spayed and neutered.

You should not be breeding cats when you can't afford to get them medical treatment. You should not be breeding cats at all, there are already too many unwanted cats in this world.

Please take this cat somewhere and surrender her so she can get help, before she dies a terrible death. And don't get any more animals until you can afford them.
Unread 07-24-2010   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

Default reply

do you know that they charge you to bring an animal in to shelters and rescue units and half the time they will be uthanized anyway.

i am knowledgable in cat birth for 16 years because of other cats i have had when i was growing up and family members and friends where i have looked after their cats.

did you not read my original post about how this was an accident. i am not breeding my cat just for the fun of it, it was an accident and i never intended her to be pregnant ever.

you have no right to be telling me whether i responsible enough to own animals. Before you make such accusations you should know the person first hand, but it seems that you are too naive to do so.

again i did not post this so smart-a** people like yourself could tell me what you think a responsible animal owner is.

tell me how i am so irrisponsible that i lost my job without notice, that noone told me about to where i am scrounging to find myself another job.

i love my animals very deeply, and i would never want them to be harmed in any possible. until you know my situation and all that i am doing to help my cat don't make accusations.

You are an ignorant waste of my time, i do not know why you think you should be replying back when all you are doing is making an ass out of yourself.

tell you what, if you send me the money to take her to the vet then i will do so. until then, don't reply with what ever snide remarks you think are appropriate for "my level of irrisponsability" you don't know, and i am glad you don't because you seem like you know it all.

Quote:
It is illegal to not get medical treatment for a sick animal, it is called animal neglect.

Please take this cat to a rescue or shelter or vet and surrender her so she can get the medical attention she so obviously needs. There is nothing that can be done for her at home, she needs a veterinarian.

She is going to die if she is carrying around a load of dead kittens, and it is not going to be a pleasant death, she is probably already suffering.

by the way, if you have had cats for 16 years and are "knowledgeable about cat birth", this means that you don't act responsibly and get your cats spayed and neutered.

You should not be breeding cats when you can't afford to get them medical treatment. You should not be breeding cats at all, there are already too many unwanted cats in this world.

Please take this cat somewhere and surrender her so she can get help, before she dies a terrible death. And don't get any more animals until you can afford them.
Unread 07-24-2010   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

You're right, I made assumptions and I am sorry my words upset you.

However the bottom line is you didn't get your cat spayed, and since you are "so experienced" you surely knew that an un-spayed female cat is going to get out and get pregnant. So it's right back in your lap, isn't it.

Your cat needs veterinary attention. There is nothing you can do for her other than see that she gets help. You can take her to an ER and surrender her. You will never hear how she made out, but at least you will have gotten her the help she needs, and end her current suffering.

Last edited by acerlt; 07-24-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Unread 07-24-2010   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

Default reply

i do not know why you are still attempting to rub these thigs in my face.

and by the way a friend of mine was nice enough to lend me the money to take her the vet. Would you like to know what they said. They checked her health 5 times and could find nothing wrong with her. and that they could not find anymore kittens in her.

I realize you were trying to help, but going about my situation like you did was uncalled for and i was asking for a solution until i could get the money to take her into see the vet. which i was able to get cause of a very close friend of mine. So in the end your statements were unneeded.

I am taking full responsibility in my cat's health, and give her everything i am able to provide her. and up to this point and past she is very healthy.

before you start to give someone so much sh*t and attitude of what you think a good owner is, look at their situation and see where they are coming from.

the whole time i was saving up money and seeing what i could do to get her into the vet the best of my ability i was with her 24/7 the whole 2 weeks since past of her kittens birth. i kept my eye on her at all times, and stayed by her side when she wanted attention. i realize that in my situation what you think is best and what i think are best are 2 completly different things. she did not yowl in pain, and she did not act like a cat should'nt, she was lively and alert, was eating and drinking well, and she was not vomiting and did not have diarrhea. whenever she is not happy or in pain or suffering in the least bit she will not purr, she was purring and acting like nothing was wrong.

like i have said i love all my animals with all my heart, soul, and well-being. When something goes wrong in life, like an animal that ius not feeling well or has a situation happen that happened to my cat it is more "animal neglect & abuse" to not stay by their side and help them and give them all the love and affection you possibly can. I think it is more neglectful to take everything the animal knows and feels safe with and dump them off where they are scared, have no idea what in the heck is going to happen, and they will never be able to see the ones they love ever again.

So i would rather be critisized and made a fool of by people like you and know that i was able to give my animal all the love and support i could whilst trying my best to do whatever was possible to help them in my grasp, than know that my animal was left to god knows who's suppervision and i was taking everything my cat holds dear and leaving her in a place where she doesn't know where she will go next and sit in a metal cage/containment area all by herself.

i did everything in my power to make sure she was comfortable, and well taken care of to the best of my ability. i do not ask nor expect you to know or understand my perspective, because you probly would not take the time and consideration to do so.

she was suffering in no way the whole time i was not able to take her to the vet, as she was as affectionate and normal as her normal is considered.

a visit to the e.r. whether it be to surrender the animal or have it taken a look at costs anywhere from $150-$500 when u walk through the door just to see the doctor you went all the way in to see.

i will always think of my animals health and well-being above all other things, and i will stick with them through thick and thin. i will not abandon them because i decided to not hold up my part in the responsibility of making sure they have a loving place to call home.

It seems you can not, and will never understand my situation. So i advise you to stop and think about what you were really asking me to do.

Before giving people as much insignificant information like you gave me, stop and consider they have tried everything and are looking to a solution to their problem until they are able to help out more with the trouble's their animal is having.

Look at the word irrisponsible/irrisponsibility in the dictionary and see it first hand before you ever consider someone of being so.

i never asked for your critisism, your all know-it-all stature, or your complete idiocrity. I was looking for a way to further comfort my cat in a way i did not know of. you did not lend me any such useful information in this subject.

You do not even remotely know me in person, nor do i hope you ever have the oppurtunity. Do not go about telling me how horrible and irrisponsible of a pet owner i am when you have yet to even comprehend my situation and myself. Do not feel you have power over my actions, and do not attempt to understand me or give me your bs you call helpfulness, when you sit behind your computer screen and have yet to understand anything that is in my perspective.

Quote:
You're right, I made assumptions and I am sorry my words upset you.

However the bottom line is you didn't get your cat spayed, and since you are "so experienced" you surely knew that an un-spayed female cat is going to get out and get pregnant. So it's right back in your lap, isn't it.

Your cat needs veterinary attention. There is nothing you can do for her other than see that she gets help. You can take her to an ER and surrender her. You will never hear how she made out, but at least you will have gotten her the help she needs, and end her current suffering.

Last edited by khoalle27; 07-25-2010 at 12:05 AM.
Unread 07-25-2010   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

So glad you got her to the vet, that is a good friend you have. I'm happy she is going to be okay.

Hope she is strong enough to be spayed soon, as since the kittens are gone (either she only had one, or she ate the others?) she can go back into heat at any time.
Unread 07-25-2010   #9 (permalink)
Newborn

Default reply

the friend that helped me out has been my best friend since we have both been in the 2nd grade, we help each other no matter what.

I do hope though that you understand where i am coming from, and why i replyed to you the way i did.

the reason i have not gotten her spayed sooner is because she is 12 years old and i do not want to loose her just because i am suggested to get her spayed. i realize though that this is the best for her health and well-being. but i am not going to take the chance of something happening to her.

i do realize i should have been more responsible in the area i was keeping her in, and from now on i will take more responsibility to make sure this will not happen ever again in the future.

when i got her i took an oath where i will take care of her and let her live out her life long and happily.

she is doing well, but i am not going to be spaying her. she will be strickly an inside cat from now on, she was before this but a tom managed to scratch a hole and get in with her from the screen on the door.

please understand why i am not going to take the chance in having any complication with getting her fixed. she has never had surgery and i do not know how she will react.

i do hope you will understand what i am coming from.

and yes cats do go back into heat as soon as they have had their kittens, which sometimes becomes back-to-back births. and cats will go into heat every 2 weeks if left unspayed.

but please understand why i do not want to take a chance and why i have not gotten her fixed yet.
Quote:
So glad you got her to the vet, that is a good friend you have. I'm happy she is going to be okay.

Hope she is strong enough to be spayed soon, as since the kittens are gone (either she only had one, or she ate the others?) she can go back into heat at any time.
Unread 07-25-2010   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

12 years old is not too old to be spayed.

My gosh 12 years of heat after heat after heat after heat.. the poor little thing! How many litters has she had? When did this cat come to you? Why did you take her if you couldn't afford to take care of her? How can you continue to put her through this?

Better save your money, because her next problem is likely to be a pyometra. And that will require an emergency spay, if she survives the infection and pain of it. Hope you are watching her closely.

Save your scoldings, I didn't read them before and won't now. My concern is for your cat not your injured feelings. Do a little research and you will understand what I am talking about.

I'm beginning to think this is a wind up. Can anyone really be so ignorant about their cat's health? Perhaps you are just bored and looking for a way to stir people up.

Well it worked. I'm done with it now. Poor kitty..if she's real.

Last edited by acerlt; 07-25-2010 at 02:30 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
animal , art , birth , breeding , business , care , cat , cat needs , cats , computer , diarrhea , dog , eating , eye , facts , female , fixed , fun , happy , health , heat , hey , home , house , indoor , infection , kitten , kittens , kitty , licking , lost , mat , medical , money , neuter , pet , pregnant , rescue , save , scared , shelter , sick , smart , spay , spay/neuter , spayed , story , surgery , vet , vomiting

Sponsored Cat Links