It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-27-2011   #11 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Chatty
sara gibson is on a distinguished road

Firstly i am not reluctant to answer any question you have and the reputable breeder is fully aware of my intentions which is to help and improve the breed example and bring exceptional quality of the breed standard healthy well ajusted kittens into the world for people to enjoy this breed of cat.You say there is enough breeders already, i dont agree its taken me a long time to find the right kitten. No good breeder will allow a kitten to be sold without vetting potential buyers first.i also own a moggy and my new kitten will first and formost be my adorable new addition.I know i will never convince you my intentions are good but in my opinion all my animals are loved by me and there is no harm in letting other people who love this breed share it with me.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-27-2011   #12 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

You sound like a wonderful, caring person! I have 15 beautiful cats that are all rescues. Some were feral, a couple are still working out some feral issues!
There is a huge population of unwanted cats and kittens. During the breeding seasons so many kittens end up in shelters that many are killed simply due to a lack of space!
I have no problem with good, responsible breeders. I just wish more people would provide homes for the cats and kittens that end up being killed every year because there are not enough homes for all of them!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to kskat For This Useful Post:
Unread 03-27-2011   #13 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara gibson View Post
Firstly i am not reluctant to answer any question you have and the reputable breeder is fully aware of my intentions which is to help and improve the breed example and bring exceptional quality of the breed standard healthy well ajusted kittens into the world for people to enjoy this breed of cat.You say there is enough breeders already, i dont agree its taken me a long time to find the right kitten. No good breeder will allow a kitten to be sold without vetting potential buyers first.i also own a moggy and my new kitten will first and formost be my adorable new addition.I know i will never convince you my intentions are good but in my opinion all my animals are loved by me and there is no harm in letting other people who love this breed share it with me.
Improve the breed how? To what standard? Your own? Why is your own personal idea of what this cat breed should be so important? What more needs to be done with this, or any, breed?

Many breeds are becoming absolute caricatures of what they once were, or should be. Persians, for example can hardly breathe now, because of people thinking they need to "improve" the breed.

No you won't change my mind, but that doesn't mean I am not interested in your point of view. That's why I asked.

Me being against any and all breeding doesn't mean the breeding of cats will stop. But it might save one kitten from being turned into a kitten machine, one BYB from being started, and one is better than none, so I will continue to forge ahead with my beliefs, in the hopes of saving that kitten from bearing her unnecessary litters.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 03-28-2011   #14 (permalink)
Newborn

hello you sound gr8 too,i totally agree that "moggys" should be spayed i have even helped many people achieve this by getting them discounts for the op etc,my own dogs are spayed.I believe the reason all these moggy cats are in need of new homes is partly to do with there worth ie value i meen you can get them for free i myself had 1 given to me friday i named her mittens, "she will be getting spayed!" With pedigree cats the price people have to pay to own 1 i think will ensure to some degree it gets a very loving caring family they are expensive "i know" I dont believe all pedigree cats must go on to breed and thats the good thing about the non active reg as it protects cats from been bred when the breeder doesnt believe it to be of breed quality, however a percentage of pedigree kittens must go on to breed to maintain thier breed lives on.Its all down to responsable controlled breeding. I myself are anti-byb and puppy mills they make me sick they are only interested in the money full stop i could easily write for england what i think of those but i wont as they are not worth my time in doing so! I believe myself to be responsable enough to be in simple terms a breeder,sorry if anyone reading dosent agree with breeding but it is my passion and we will have to agree to dis agree.My pets are the world to me just like my children no different.Straight after leaving school i enrolled in animal studies at collage i loved every bit of it it was ace and on that note i will post this. x
Unread 03-28-2011   #15 (permalink)
Newborn

I share some of your points of veiw i agree that some breeds have gone too far ie yes the persians,scottish fold, hairless,manx.just cats bred from cats with deformaties i no.Sorry to those people who love those breeds.

Tags
birth , breed , breeder , breeders , breeding , business , care , cat , cats , clean , environment , female , feral , food , funny , great , happy , hey , home , homes , internet , kitten , kittens , litter , mistake , money , opinion , pet , pregnant , spay , spotted , tabby , vet

Sponsored Cat Links