It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-27-2011   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Chatty
sara gibson is on a distinguished road
Default colour genetics

hi every1,i have just put a deposite on a bsh blue-tabby c/p female and i was wondering if any1 could tell me what her colour genetis will be. The father is a blue-tabby c/p the mother was a solid blue but the other kittens in the litter are blue c/p,lilac,tabby spotted (choc) i think thats what colour it looks to me.She is blue tabby c/p but is she a carrier of any colours or will i not know untill iv seen the pedigree??
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-27-2011   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hello and welcome to the forum! Those would be questions to ask the breeder.

I hope you researched breeders and are going to a reputable knowledgeable breeder, not a BYB or kitten mill.

What does c/p mean?

Be sure to introduce your little one to us when she comes home, which should not be before she is at least 3 months old of course..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-27-2011   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

hi back,i would have asked the breeder but i didnt want to seem irritating by asking lots questions.c/p was colourpoint.Yeh the kitten is staying with the breeder till 13 weeks and the breeder seemed to care about the cats which were all indoors and looked in great condition i was happy with what i saw anyway.i have been doing lots and lots of internet reading and have my head around the colour genetics to some degree. i will put some pics of her on in around 8 weeks thats when i get her and cant wait she is a stunner. sara x
The Following User Says Thank You to sara gibson For This Useful Post:
Unread 03-27-2011   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I bet the breeder would be happy to answer any questions you may have. It's their business to know, after all, and you're the one putting your money in their pockets, and have a right to know anything you can think of to ask. I'm glad you've been to the home and seen the conditions.

Does the breeder spay before they go to their forever homes?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
Unread 03-27-2011   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

no the breeder isnt spaying them before leaving just giving them injections and worming and suppling cat litter and food and paperwork.I am getting qualified to micro-chip next month so i will beable to chip the little beaut myself
Unread 03-27-2011   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara gibson View Post
no the breeder isnt spaying them before leaving just giving them injections and worming and suppling cat litter and food and paperwork.I am getting qualified to micro-chip next month so i will beable to chip the little beaut myself
What do you mean you are getting qualified to microchip? Do you work in a vet clinic? That is not something you want to be doing at home, it should be done in a sterile environment in a vet clinic. It's often done at the same time as the spay.

please read this first
Unread 03-27-2011   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

Actually this procedure can take place out of vet clinic infact can be done at home in clean enviroments as equipment is sterile and sterile soloutions are used.I wouldnt be paying to do the course otherwise,and will be properly trained before qualifing.Its going to be a good skill to aquire as it may reunite someones pet someday.do you not agree?
Unread 03-27-2011   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

It's beginning to sound to me like you intend to breed your kitten. I hope I am mistaken.

please read this first
Unread 03-27-2011   #9 (permalink)
Newborn

im not been funny but can i ask you a logical question? If people didnt breed cats/animals where would you have got yours from??
Unread 03-27-2011   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara gibson View Post
im not been funny but can i ask you a logical question? If people didnt breed cats/animals where would you have got yours from??
Yes that is a very old tired question which really has no meaning at all. Cats have been domesticated for many millenia. The over population of unwanted pets is beyond belief. There is no need for any additional breeders.

My cats are all rescued strays that came from irresponsible people who didn't have their pets fixed. This world already has more than enough breeders of every breed there is, and we don't need any more.

I hope you are purchasing from breeder who is a "reputable breeder" not a kitten mill or a BYB. Your reluctance to ask the breeder questions leads me to think that you don't want the breeder to know you plan to breed your kitten. Most reputable breeders spay and neuter before adoption, or the contract contains a clause requiring the buyer to spay and neuter within a certain amount of time.

Please, why not just spay your new kitten and allow her to have a nice life as a beloved pet and family member instead of a kitten making machine. If you want to "experience birth", contact a shelter and foster a pregnant stray. The season will be in full swing soon and there will be many chances for you to do so.

After you spend some time working in rescue you may understand my point of view better.

<edit> PS I will ask you a question: why do you want to breed this kitten?

please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 03-27-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Tags
birth , breed , breeder , breeders , breeding , business , care , cat , cats , clean , environment , female , feral , food , funny , great , happy , hey , home , homes , internet , kitten , kittens , litter , mistake , money , opinion , pet , pregnant , spay , spotted , tabby , vet

Sponsored Cat Links