It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-15-2014   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Cheyennika is on a distinguished road
Default Concerned about the Kitten we are getting

Hello all!

In the near future(couple of weeks), we plan to add a kitten to our The thing is, is I'm concerned about this kitten. The eyes of this kitten seems like s/he might have some issues.

The breed health tests, shows, & each of there cats has pedigree. So...it could certainly be just me worrying about nothing. Plus, i have no knowledge in this field of cats.

Thanks all!

Last edited by Cheyennika; 12-15-2014 at 11:04 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-15-2014   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Please don't purchase a sick kitten. Any decent ethical breeder would not let a kitten go to his or her new home unless the kitten was 100 percent healthy.

Have you met the kitten? have you been to the home and seen the parents of the kitten?

Have you discussed your concerns with the breeder? What does the breeder say?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-17-2014   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

garrettmarvelwilson is on a distinguished road

I won’t recommend adding an ill kitten to the family, it may affect the other cats, if this one has health issues.

Can you say exactly what do you mean about the kitten eyes?
Unread 12-19-2014   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettmarvelwilson View Post
I won’t recommend adding an ill kitten to the family, it may affect the other cats, if this one has health issues.

Can you say exactly what do you mean about the kitten eyes?

Like this.

I feel like there's something wrong with his/her eyes.

Since I can't post a picture yet. Please PM me.

― Mahatma Gandhi
Unread 12-19-2014   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

When the third eyelid is showing it is an indication of illness. Usually something intestinal, including parasites.

You didn't answer any of my questions. Why?

Please don't buy a sick kitten, you are just providing the means for that person to breed more sick kittens.

Go to any shelter and rescue a kitten. Save a life, instead of making room for more lives, unhealthy, unwanted lives at that, to be created.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 12-20-2014   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

garrettmarvelwilson is on a distinguished road

Hello again,
I don’t know if it is possible or not, but you can ask the breeder if he or she can get this kitten checked by the vet again, just to make sure. Otherwise I can’t help you, it could be anything, it could be congenital and nothing to worry about it or the poor thing is sick.

Acerlt asked some important questions, I suggest you do what she/he said.
Unread 12-29-2014   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

She was fine! Brought her to the vet nothing was wrong. It was just the picture.

― Mahatma Gandhi

Tags
advice , breed , breeder , cat , cats , eyes , family , health , healthy , home , house , kitten , kittens , new home , person , picture , rescue , save , save a life , shelter , sick , vet , why? , worry

Sponsored Cat Links