It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-01-2016   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

cherribaere is on a distinguished road
Default Siamese attacking

Recently adopted a siamese 2yr female from shelter/rescue. Everything seemed fine until she started attacking my little dog !
She will attack if he tries to drink from his water bowl, or going through the dining room so he can go potty outside[I carry him to the door so he can go outside] . She will stalk him. She is spayed. My dog was abused so he is timid. Any idea why she is acting like such a bully.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-01-2016   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I'm wondering if she is trying to play with him?

Can you describe in more detail what is happening?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-01-2016   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

cherribaere is on a distinguished road
Default siamese attacking

The water incident, She was in the kitchen [6 steps away from the water bowl. 3 steps into the dining room right turn 3 steps into the kitchen] eating soft food off her plate Oz went to his water bowl[he usually get a drink and goes outside] I walked ahead to the sliding glass door to wait as usual. She came running from the kitchen not a sound throwing clawed slaps at his face[he won't go near his water bowl now]. This morning I used to throw treats on the dining room floor for Oz so I did it this morning here comes Nikki.. I picked her up so I could coax Oz to come get it. Success! He was about in front of the couch when I put her down and she ran right to Oz and clawed his rear end.
Unread 10-02-2016   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I still think Nikki is trying to play. I would suggest you distract her with a Game when you see her going for Oz.

How often do you play with Nikki? Siamese are a very active breed and at two years old she is still very much kitten like.

Set up routine Game times with her. Three times a day, at the same times every day, play Games with Nikki.

Make sure she has an elevated perch. After Game time, feed her a wet food meal and put her up on her perch and give Oz some special attention.

How old is Oz?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 10-06-2016   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

tuneofapurr is on a distinguished road

She's probably just establishing her dominance, and abusing her power as a cat. I've had several cats who will walk up to the dog, slap it, and walk off; they literally did it just because they can!!! It's so rude, but I figure maybe they're getting even for when the dog licks them or takes their food during the night LOL

Unread 10-17-2016   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

trendygyfts is on a distinguished road

Keep them in separate room.
Let them have their meals at both sides of the door (they must not be able to see each other).
Do this for a couple of days. then try reintroducing them again.

Tags
adopted , attacking , breed , bully , cat , cats , dog , eating , female , food , game , games , hey , kitten , morning , night , play , rescue , shelter , siamese , spayed , timid , water , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links