It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-22-2006   #1 (permalink)
muslgrl

Default cats and people

It has been scientifically proven that stroking a cat can lower one's blood pressure.
In 1987, cats overtook dogs as the number one pet in America (about 50 million cats resided in 24 million homes in 1986). About 37% of American homes today have at least one cat.
If your cat snores or rolls over on his back to expose his belly, it means he trusts you.
Cats respond better to women than to men, probably due to the fact that women's voices have a higher pitch.
In an average year, cat owners in the United States spend over $2 billion on cat food.
According to a Gallup poll, most American pet owners obtain their cats by adopting strays.
When your cats rubs up against you, she is actually marking you as "hers" with her scent. If your cat pushes his face against your head, it is a sign of acceptance and affection.
Contrary to popular belief, people are not allergic to cat fur, dander, saliva, or urine - they are allergic to "sebum," a fatty substance secreted by the cat's sebaceous glands. More interesting, someone who is allergic to one cat may not be allergic to another cat. Though there isn't (yet) a way of predicting which cat is more likely to cause allergic reactions, it has been proven that male cats shed much greater amounts of allergen than females. A neutered male, however, sheds much less than a non-neutered male.
Cat bites are more likely to become infected than dog bites.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-30-2006   #2 (permalink)
Buttrfly

Very interesting facts. Thanks for posting those.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-30-2006   #3 (permalink)
barbiedoll1973_tn

Yes very interesting facts. Thanks so much I may have to get me a cat to put in the house to help out our health.

Unread 11-01-2006   #4 (permalink)
kittykatt

Love it, have copy it..

Unread 11-01-2006   #5 (permalink)
himilover

I've heard of a couple of these before, like the blood pressure. Thanks for sharing, I love reading these cat facts.

Unread 11-03-2006   #6 (permalink)
aja3171

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslgrl View Post
In an average year, cat owners in the United States spend over $2 billion on cat food.
Maybe I should enter the cat food business. It sure is booming!

Unread 11-10-2006   #7 (permalink)
vp311

Thats good stuff! I'll share some of the info amongst my group of friends.

Tags
allergic , another cat , belly , bites , business , cat , cat food , cat's , cats , dogs , facts , food , friends , fur , health , hey , homes , house , interesting , love , male , pet , strays , urine

Sponsored Cat Links