It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-21-2006   #1 (permalink)
vp311

Default Blood in Poop

I have noticed for the last two days that in the litter box my cat's bowel movements have had a bloody looking mucus on at the end. The color of what looks to be blood is bright red (not dark or rusty.) Another, possibly unassociated behavior we have noticed is that periodically (about once a month or less) our cat starts yowling in a deep tone. This seems to happen while she is cleaning herself and has her leg up. She stops within a few minutes and then is otherwise back to normal. Overall she is very active and has not been acting abnormally. She is also eating normally.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-22-2006   #2 (permalink)
aja3171

Have you tried taking your cat to the vet? There could be some possible reasons why she has bloody stools, and the yowling could be that she is in pain?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-22-2006   #3 (permalink)
Buttrfly

I would definately ask the vet about this. It doesn't sound healthy.

Unread 11-24-2006   #4 (permalink)
catatonic

Me too! I would definitely take my cat to the vet due to those traces of blood in its poop. That might be sign of some stomach disorder or something. I hope it's not something serious. See your vet asap so you can clear all things.

Tags
behavior , bowel , box , cat , cat's , cleaning , color , eating , healthy , litter , litter box , poo , poop , vet , yowling

Sponsored Cat Links