It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-31-2006   #1 (permalink)
wittykitty

Default What kind of litter do you use?

Does the type of litter you use really make a difference? There are so many different kinds, gravel, clay, chlorophyl, clumping, not clumping. Have you tried different kinds and like something special? In our house we use the cheapest (no name brand) litter, but we do buy it scented, as we find the deodorant makes a difference. There have been other types we tried, but it doesn't seem to really be better or worse one way or the other.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-01-2007   #2 (permalink)
outdoorcat

Question Cat litters

Have you tried those new crystalized granules. They look really funny and they are kind of expensive. I don't know how they are going to be I am waiting for someone else to tell me first, but they are supposed to be great for odor. I don't know if they track or not. I would really like to find out if someone has tried these and what they thought. Has anyone got an opinion to share?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-02-2007   #3 (permalink)
Buttrfly

I use Tidy Cat. It seems to be a pretty good litter. I can only smell the litter box when I haven't cleaned it in a few days. LOL

Unread 01-03-2007   #4 (permalink)
LucyBell's mom

I use the Worlds Best Cat Litter. I like it really well. It doesn't stir up dust, and it clumps well. It also has a nice clean smell and takes care of odor fairly well. I also use Zero Odor to help when the cat box is extra stinky.

I've read that the clay based litters are not good for cats respiratory health. I also read that not to use silica bassed litters with kittens.

Unread 01-03-2007   #5 (permalink)
wittykitty

Default cat litters

Glad I asked. Look at all those different answers! Is the silica cat litter okay with older cats? I had in fact heard that clay based litter was no good for breathing. If it's not good for the cats, then it probably isn't good with kids either. I am curious about Worlds Best Litter, Is that actually a brand name? I've never seen it. Where do you get it? I know the chlorophyl based litters are really expensive, but they are the best I have found for odor in my personal experience.

Unread 01-03-2007   #6 (permalink)
LucyBell's mom

Thats the brand name. lol
It comes in a yellow bag with a green logo. I get it at Petsmart. Thats the only place I've seen it except online. It's made from corn kernels, it's biodegradable and flushable.

Unread 01-03-2007   #7 (permalink)
mccats9876

Hi there,
Our household includes 9 indoor-only cats. We have 7 catboxes, and we use the best clumping litter available. We clean litterboxes twice a day; we completely break down, scrub and sun-dry litterboxes once quarterly; we never have any pet odors in our home.

Unread 01-03-2007   #8 (permalink)
stormy

I use Tidy Cat..for multiple cats, even though I am down to one indoor cat. I go for the clumping stuff. Have used the cheap store brands..but decided I didn't like the dust, and the wet mush stuff in the bottome of the box Sometimes you just can't 'cheap out' Ever buy those cheap garbage bags???

Unread 01-03-2007   #9 (permalink)
wendywenpet

Since I only have one cat... and she is a handful!!! I use my pet store brand .. non-clumping. Works great for me!!

Unread 01-04-2007   #10 (permalink)
crookshanks

Well I don't know if it really matters but I as far as I am concerned I am brand loyal at least with cat litter..lol!! My brand for cat litter is Everfresh. It is non-acidic and mostly has clay.

Tags
apartment , baby , box , breathing , business , care , cat , cats , clean , color , cute , dry , found , fun , funny , great , happy , health , hey , hiding , home , house , indoor , interesting , kittens , kitties , litter , litter box , litter boxes , love , mat , money , nice , opinion , pearls , pet , petsmart , poop , save , small , smart , smell , type

Sponsored Cat Links