It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-12-2007   #1 (permalink)
Ofer

Default Is it normal for dogs to groan?

She's healthy so why?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-12-2007   #2 (permalink)
Buttrfly

Yes...Dogs groan, snore, whine....It just depends on their mood, just like we make different sounds depending on our moods. Don't worry, it's completely normal.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-12-2007   #3 (permalink)
A-Rod's Mama

I honestly never met a dog who didn't groan. It is just a way to express themselves. So don't worry-it's normal!

Unread 02-13-2007   #4 (permalink)
jade's_mom

When does she groan? Is her stomach distended when she does? If it is she could be experiencing minor bloat, or just some simple gas (after eating, or excerise, etc.), then give her a teaspoon-tablespoon (depending on her size) of baking soda mixed in a bit of water to form it into a ball; tuck it way into her mouth and then let her swallow it, and give her plenty of water to drink after wards. You could also give a tums instead of the baking soda for the same effect.

Most dogs do groan some, so your dog is probably normal; but if you are noticing it after she eats or excercises, namely, then you may need to feed her less and in more feedings through out the day, and be careful of how soon you exercise her (or let her run) after she has eaten or drunk alot.

Last edited by jade's_mom; 02-13-2007 at 04:06 PM.

Unread 02-13-2007   #5 (permalink)
ChristineP

My dog groans and whines all the time. Nothing is wrong with him, he just does that when he is alone or wants something. I say if she has never done that before, maybe it would be best to take her to the vet. Just on to be on the safe side. JMO.

Tags
baking soda , dog , dogs , eating , healthy , vet , water , why? , worry

Sponsored Cat Links