It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-18-2007   #1 (permalink)
SuzyQII

Default Cat Food Recall

I hope everyone has heard about the cat and dog food recall. Menu Foods makes over 40 brands of cat food that have been recalled. The food has been linked to kidney failure. Here is the Website with all the info. or you can google it.

Pet food recall has animal owners frantic - Pet Health - MSNBC.com

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-18-2007   #2 (permalink)
Catrancher99

WOW! I'm glad to see you too were on top of this info. I posted as well, in the Health section of this forum. I included the link to the Menu Foods site with info on manufacturing dtaes and brands and lot numbers. As soon as I heard this I was anxious to get the info posted so no kitties would get the tainted stuff. Good to see there are people on the watch.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-22-2007   #3 (permalink)
SuzyQII

First, don't panic. Many cats ate the food and had no ill affects. If you think your kitty is ill, you need to bring her to the vet - quick diagnosis is the best thing for an ill cat. Good luck and let us know how things go.

Unread 03-23-2007   #4 (permalink)
ChristineP

I am glad I didn't buy my cats and dog food made by Menu. It is terrible how many pets have died just from eating the food. I hope they figure out what caused this to happen.

Unread 03-24-2007   #5 (permalink)
ExCal

I am one of the lucky ones because my cat didn't eat any of the bad foods. I hope no one else here has to deal with the problem, good luck troubledmood.

Unread 03-25-2007   #6 (permalink)
SuzyQII

The latest report is that rat poison was found in the food. The chemical they were talking about was banned in the U.S. years ago. It was a problem before, but now it is worse! When I think of cantamination, I think of people not following health regulations, etc. not of a specific poison. Good luck to all having to wait and see.

Tags
animal , cat , cat food , cats , dog , eating , food , found , health , hey , kitties , kitty , lucky , pet , pet food , poison , problem , vet

Sponsored Cat Links