It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-30-2007   #11 (permalink)
Wise Guy!

They are not ready for adult food, their tummy's are not capable of digesting all that adult food has in it. Canned food? Are you sure it is safe?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-30-2007   #12 (permalink)
luvthatdog27

Kittens should not be fed adult cat food.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-30-2007   #13 (permalink)
Snowball

I Have Gone Through This On The Internet And Came To Know That Kitten Food Has Much More Nutrients That Adult Cat Food,

Unread 03-30-2007   #14 (permalink)
kath

my own two kittens who are nine months old went of moist kitten food at four months of age and have been eating adult moist cat food since then. they eat kitten biscuits and can't get enough of them. i also occasionally give them kitten milk. they are neither under weight or over weight. at one point in time there was no such thing as kitten food so my vet said not to worry about it. make sure tho meat is one of the first three ingredients

Unread 03-30-2007   #15 (permalink)
vet tech

I recomend to my clients that a kitten remain on a good-quality kitten food for the first 12 months of life. Manufacturers of pet foods have performed numerous studies on the nutritional needs of animals at all stages of life and found that those needs varry with age. Kittens require much higher amounts of certian proteins, fats, carbohydrates, and vitamins than do adult cats. Kittens can develop certian problems including stunted growth, fragile bones, and long-term kidney or liver problems when they do not recieve proper nutrients, or recieve those that their body is not yet ready to handle.My advice to you at this point is to reintroduce a good-quality kitten food made for your cat's stage of life, over the course of two weeks, feeding more each time. Please follow the manufacturer's feeding reccomendations to avoid over-feeding your kitten which can lead to all kinds of health problems later on. You can end with feeding 95% kitten food and 5% wet adult food well mixed in to continue the taste your kitten loves. (keep in mind the canned and pouched wet pet food recall). When your cat has finished growing (around 12 months) you can slowly introduce a good-quality adult food, again over the course of two weeks, gradually increasing the amount of adult food and reducing the amount of kitten food until he has been "weaned". Please return your kitten to kitten food for the sake of his health. I promise you will have a much healthier cat in the long run.-RVT(Registered Veterinarian Technicion and cat owner)

Unread 03-30-2007   #16 (permalink)
maraesa1000

yes its fine

Unread 03-30-2007   #17 (permalink)
jilly

What food are you feeding the kitten If it's the food from the recall list I would get the kitten off of it right away.When my cat was A kitten my vet told me I had to keep my cat on kitten until she was 1/2 years old. The kittens need more nutrients in there system.

Tags
adult , advice , age , canned food , cat , cat food , cat's , cats , cut , dry , eating , food , found , growth , health , hey , hurt , internet , kitten , kitten food , kittens , litter , nutrition , pet , problem , problems , small , stunted , vet , water , weaned , weight , won't eat , worry

Sponsored Cat Links