It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-30-2007   #1 (permalink)
jakeysmomo3

Default Is it ok the feed my 7 month old kitten on adult cat food?

I have been doing this and he's on a full can of adult food every day. He's not getting fat and he really enjoys it.does this recall list apply to uk

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-30-2007   #2 (permalink)
Pups

As long as it is cut up small it should be ok.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-30-2007   #3 (permalink)
prentlepren

It would be fine. Kitten food contains more nutrients for kittens to help them. Normal cat food is fine, but consider supplementing it with kitten milk.

Unread 03-30-2007   #4 (permalink)
missyofallainhouse

It is fine for you to feed your kitten adult cat food. Kitten food is generally just a little softer and the companies claim kitten food contains ingredients that will help brain growth.

Unread 03-30-2007   #5 (permalink)
cdc

My cat went off kitten food at around the same age, so I put her on normal adult food, she was fine and now just over a year and about to have her first litter of kittens.

Unread 03-30-2007   #6 (permalink)
dlin333

i really would suggest a dry kitten food till he is 1 year old,,,,,,, though as long as he is eating, he probably will be ok,,,,,, the problem with the canned food, is they contain alot of water,,,,, so you have to be careful the kitten is getting enough nutrition,,,, if he doesnt seem to skinny,, or hungry all the time,,,, he again is probably ok

Unread 03-30-2007   #7 (permalink)
Wyatt

it is okay to do that as long as it doesnt hurt his teeth

Unread 03-30-2007   #8 (permalink)
rachy

If he's eating it then it should be fine! My cats are 3 and 4 and they still won't eat whiskers adult food! Fools.

Unread 03-30-2007   #9 (permalink)
Heather

kitten food is necessary, because it contains a higher amount of calories for growth. A kitten can be weaned off kitten food at 6 months, so it is ok for you to feed your kitten adult cat food.

Unread 03-30-2007   #10 (permalink)
choochee09

it would probably be better feding him dry cat food till he's about 1 yrs. old. If you do choose adult cat food, remeber it's larger than kitten food so there's a possibility of choking... don't be freaked though...

Tags
adult , advice , age , canned food , cat , cat food , cat's , cats , cut , dry , eating , food , found , growth , health , hey , hurt , internet , kitten , kitten food , kittens , litter , nutrition , pet , problem , problems , small , stunted , vet , water , weaned , weight , won't eat , worry

Sponsored Cat Links