It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-31-2007   #1 (permalink)
fruitcake

Default My male kitten is 3 months old. Is it too soon to neuter?

My male kitten is 3 months old. Is it too soon to neuter?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-31-2007   #2 (permalink)
Cynthia B

Spca advised me that I should wait until my kitten and puppy were at least 4 months old before spaying or neutering.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-31-2007   #3 (permalink)
Holly K

Most vets wait until the kitten is 6 months old.

Unread 03-31-2007   #4 (permalink)
Ann H

No, it's not too soon. The ASPCA and various animal shelters routinely neuter male kittens at three months.

Unread 03-31-2007   #5 (permalink)
Gina B

my vet made me wait til my dogs were 6mo old before i got them done. my cat as well.

Unread 03-31-2007   #6 (permalink)
starglowshady

yes it is i just had my kitten spayed i had to wait till she was 6 months!

Unread 03-31-2007   #7 (permalink)
LoVeLY LaURa

ask your vet

Unread 03-31-2007   #8 (permalink)
nicole t

the sooner the better! If you do it soon enough he may never spray! I had a male cat once when I was little and he sprayed my brothers and my halloween candy bowl. yuck! so do it NOW!!

Unread 03-31-2007   #9 (permalink)
Jennifer J

he is ready when his nut sack drops that is when he is ready.

Unread 04-01-2007   #10 (permalink)
Loz

Most shelters will routinely spay/neuter kittens at 10-12 weeks of age, so no, it's not too soon. However, the majority of vets I know prefer to wait until the kitten is 5-6 months of age, as their bodies are more mature and better able to tolerate an anaesthetic than at 3 months of age (they can clear the drugs from their system more easily and can maintain their body temperature more effectively).

Tags
age , animal , cat , color , dogs , hey , kitten , kittens , male , neuter , neutering , puppy , question , shelters , spay , spay/neuter , spayed , vet

Sponsored Cat Links