It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-03-2007   #1 (permalink)
Jill H

Default Can a cat carry a fresh egg?

A few times recently I have found a fresh, unmarked hens egg near to my front door. One of my cats brings mice etc and when she does she leaves them near where the eggs are found. I think the cat could have found some hens and is stealing the eggs but my husband says it's not possible. Anyone know if it is?Painting....She steals potatoes - they fit in her mouth, I've caught her stealing them. Socks, keys, pens, anything she can pick up and take, she will.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-03-2007   #2 (permalink)
mmlcaaronwhitney

Of course. According to Dr. Suess.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-03-2007   #3 (permalink)
Love always, Kortnei

My cat likes to play fetch with a tennis ball...he can't pick it up but he rolls it over to me to throw for him...

Unread 04-03-2007   #4 (permalink)
ESweetPea

Not unless they bat them along with their paws up to the front door...no.Cats carry their prey in their mouths or drag them along, holding them with their mouths.I think the CHICKEN is coming up to your house.Be glad for small, strange favors!

Unread 04-03-2007   #5 (permalink)
Paintings

lololololollololol....tell you what, get the cat, stick your fingers in its mouth and open as wide as you can - if you think an egg will fit in there then sure, the cat can carry an egg.however, I think your husband is playing tricks on you, or the cat has somehow managed to create and utilise a cat-rucksack to transport its stolen treasures.lolyou've got me laughing hard after a really bad day, cheers x

Unread 04-03-2007   #6 (permalink)
Citag

Yes in their pouch under their chins. The small holes are made when they first pick them up.

Unread 04-03-2007   #7 (permalink)
fccowboy2002

yes cats to steal eggs they put it in there mouth vary tantley and walk away with it they like have you ever seen a dog carry itms young they put the whole mouth around the dag and move them where ever i no dag is diffrent than cat but that is how animals carry items

Unread 04-03-2007   #8 (permalink)
Tyrese c

i would say yes...although not the easiest of things to shove in its mouth...i've got 2 abysinnian cats who tend to bring in everything out of the norm so far we've had crisp packets, a rabbit an african grey (note we live in the UK!!!)crows,magpies - a seagull(they didnt manage to get it through the catflap) and probably the strangest....a roast potato...never underestimate them!!!!

Unread 04-03-2007   #9 (permalink)
Houston P

Important. perhaps impertinent question....is your cat a polydactyl? With the extra "thumb," these cats can pitch a nine inning no-hitter or bring you an egg in their mighty grips. For your eyes only, polydactlyls have been banned as potential team members in organized baseball in the US.

Unread 04-03-2007   #10 (permalink)
Peter R

My mum once had a cat who used to raid the henhouse and bring an egg back, presumably in her mouth and then let it roll down the stairs until it broke. She wasn't allowed to eat it though because raw eggs, or the whites at least are a problem for cats. We couldn't figure out why she brought it in, perhaps to play with or maybe she wanted to eat it.

Tags
african , age , bat , cat , cats , dog , egg , eyes , found , grey , hey , house , painting , play , playing , problem , question , raw , small , stealing , tricks

Sponsored Cat Links