It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-04-2007   #1 (permalink)
Baragon

Default My Calico Kitten keeps wanting to play with our Black Labrador. Do...

...Kittens normally act this way around dogs? Our Kitten is about 9 months old. Our black lab is 8 years old. They are both female.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-04-2007   #2 (permalink)
Nonya B

It all depends on the kitten. I have a cat who had a lil puppy as a playmate and she would romp til her tiny heart was pounding then go back for more. She even acted like a puppy herself for the longest time. Enjoy it, its hilarious.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-04-2007   #3 (permalink)
Xerxes D

no they are scared of dogs

Unread 04-04-2007   #4 (permalink)
Spleen

cats are very play ful creatures they will want to play with the dog if the dog dosent like it seperate them

Unread 04-04-2007   #5 (permalink)
lizziethedog

well some cats sometimes r friendly wit each other.Have u asked a veterinarian??????

Unread 04-04-2007   #6 (permalink)
snapdragon747

quite normal! Enjoy watching them!

Unread 04-04-2007   #7 (permalink)
Michael A

yes. Kittens like to play with anything or anybody. Hope the Black Labrador understands that this is a kitten and a member of the household now.Edit: Lab's are good dogs. Maybe, no trouble.

Unread 04-04-2007   #8 (permalink)
tntkarp

Yes this is normal. I have three Himilayans and I got them at 8wks. and they sleepwith the dogs, eat my two huge dogs food, and water. They chase them. Its great.. They even meow when the dogs water bowl is empty.. They are a St. Bernard, and a golden retriever.. The dogs like them too... I have never had a problem with any of them getting along. The cats are now 1 and 2 yrs. old..

Unread 04-04-2007   #9 (permalink)
Mr. Indignant

I think kittens normally will. However, by the time they are cats that will probably change. A cat and a dog are polar opposites. A cat likes to relaxe and is normally quiet. Many dogs like to run around and are normally loud. Right now, your kitten is exploring and with new life comes a greater curiosity than what she will have even later. So, she wants to play. It may also be that your lab is a loving animal and the kitten is not intimidated by her. You may be blessed enough to see a wonderful/lifelong relationship develop between the two.

Unread 04-04-2007   #10 (permalink)
Elizabeth B

I have 2 cats no dog, but my sister has both and the cat will sit and wait for the dog to come by and pounce on him as if he were prey. Sometimes she sits up high other times low down. He doesn't seem to mind. She also hunts my 6 ft tall nephew and pounces him when he isn't looking. He does mind. )

Tags
animal , baby , black , cat , cats , dog , dogs , female , food , friendly , friends , great , happy , hey , house , hurt , joy , kitten , kittens , loving , lucky , meow , picture , play , playing , pounce , problem , puppy , scared , sleep , sleeping , water

Sponsored Cat Links