It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-06-2007   #1 (permalink)
onyx o

Default Do cats really always land on their feet?

My cat fell from the 2nd flr window ledge in my apartment. I didn't see the fall but a neighbor did and he swears that the cat landed on her back. I find this hard to believe, for one bc I'd think two stories is high enough to right herself feet down, two bc she has a scratch on the bottom of her mouth, and two the neighbor/witness is a heavy drinker lol (sad, but true). However now I'm worried that even if she did land her feet, she landed hard enough to scratch her mouth, what if she's injured inside? She's been acting completely normal, playing, purring, and grooming, since the fall. She seemed a little shaken up at first but other than that, competely back to normal. The fall was yesterday, should I take her to the vet?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-06-2007   #2 (permalink)
rarba

They might if they are lucky.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-06-2007   #3 (permalink)
[[s.h.a.n.n]]

no a cat can land on its back

Unread 04-06-2007   #4 (permalink)
Sassy OLD Broad

I have a cat who doesn't land on his feet and two that do. If she's acting normal, don't worry about the vet. Godloveya.

Unread 04-06-2007   #5 (permalink)
pathfinder

That is a myth, an old-wives tales from way back.

Unread 04-06-2007   #6 (permalink)
Nairbgnik

.....its God's Plan.....Let us Pray....

Unread 04-06-2007   #7 (permalink)
nicci_xo b

ahhhhhhhhhhaaaa the BEDWET!!11

Unread 04-06-2007   #8 (permalink)
dondibakeman20011

not always do they land on their feet.. my cat jumped off the top of the refridgerator and she landed on her side..

Unread 04-06-2007   #9 (permalink)
rezster0900

Yea if i fell out of a two story window I'd be going to get some x-rays. And cat's do not always land on their feet (old wives tale)

Unread 04-06-2007   #10 (permalink)
pater47

Usually on their feet, but not always. If the cat is acting fine, don't worry about. Cats regularly jump from higher distances than that.

Tags
animal , apartment , cat , cat's , cats , grooming , hey , kitten , lucky , playing , sad , scratch , stories , story , tale , vet , window , worry

Sponsored Cat Links