It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-07-2007   #1 (permalink)
karma0398

Default HELP ME!!!!!! My Cat has stopped using the litter box and now goes #1 and

#2 on the floor...? He just refuses to use the litter box. Is there anything I can do. I love my cat, Now he is secluded in a small study in my house. He has to stay in there 24/7 because I cant have mess all over the carpet. I Need help!!!! I do not know what to do. I can't bare to give him up but my options are fading away. I have used "no mark" and all that stuff an it seems to not be working. He is not marking, He just will not go in the box... He has cronic diarrhea so it really stains the carpet. Please just help me!!I did bring him to the vet... 5 times... They cant find anything... It is like a medical mystery. My vet finds it very odd... I also went to another vet for a second opinion and he found nothingI scoop twice a day so maybe he will use it... Sometimes he will... but only sometimes

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-07-2007   #2 (permalink)
waltb87

you dont need a cat

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-07-2007   #3 (permalink)
justme

Your cat may have an infection or a virus causing this. Get it checked out at the vet's . Alternatively, if your cat is very old, it may be related to that, and if so, theres not much you can do.

Unread 04-07-2007   #4 (permalink)
cricketnutoz

Well, first, if he has a chronic stomach upset he should see the vet asap, there is probably something wrong with him. Once that is treated or ruled out, do you keep your litter tray clean? Cats are very fastidious and if you don't clean it out daily, it's possible that's why yours is refusing to use it.

Unread 04-07-2007   #5 (permalink)
violet_starlyte

He sounds like he might have some digestive problems. Have you tried talking a vet about his problem? The vet could probably give you some answers on what to do. All you have to do is call them and tell them your situation, they might give you some good advice that way without it costing you a thing unless they think something might really be wrong with him.

Unread 04-07-2007   #6 (permalink)
tuxedocat

If your cat used to use the litter box and now is not using it and has diarrhea then it is very likely it is not well. Normally a cat that uses a litter box will not soil anywhere else unless the litter box is not clean, it is very stressed or mad at you but since your cat has diarrhea it is more likely it has a virus or some other condition that is causing this problem. Take your cat to the vet to check for a medical reason for this problem. If your cat has never used the litter box it can be trained to do so however diarrhea is not normal and your cat will still need to see the vet.

Unread 04-07-2007   #7 (permalink)
bidsisters

Take him to the vet and have him checked for intestinal parasites. Giardia, Coccidia, Trichamonas, etc. Treat for them if they are found. If there are not any parasites, put him on a bland diet of boiled or steamed chicken for a few weeks. He seems to not be able to get to the box in time. If his stools return to normal and he is still not use the box, try Cat Attract litter. It works.

Unread 04-07-2007   #8 (permalink)
dsulok

Try keeping her litter box very clean some cat's will not go in the box if it's not clean they don't like full. You have to keep it clean and keep bringing her back to it and putting her in it to show her it's clean. Also try different litter.

Unread 04-07-2007   #9 (permalink)
Hilary T

I would try getting a new box and changing to a new brand of litter. If that doesn't work, I would suggest gradually changing the food. I once had a cat who cat chronic diarrhea and needed a specific food to have normal bowel movements. Has your cat been outside lately? Giardia and coccidia are very difficult to detect but pretty much always cause diarrhea. I assume you've already gotten a fecal exam. Perhaps something has changed considerably in the cat's living environment- someone left or someone else moved in.... maybe a new cat?

Unread 12-01-2017   #10 (permalink)
Newborn

KatrinaCooper101 is on a distinguished road
Default Try this..

For those who have the same problem. You can use a rag and wipe off the poop and urine from the floor. But don't throw it away yet, use it to attract your cat to the box. By putting the rag into the box, your cat will know that this is the place where he/she can dispose the wastes. Keep doing it and it'll work. Make sure you clean the spots with odor removers too.

Tags
advice , bowel , box , carpet , cat , cat's , cats , changed , clean , diarrhea , diet , environment , food , found , hey , house , infection , litter , litter box , love , medical , mess , new cat , opinion , problem , problems , small , stains , upset , vet

Sponsored Cat Links