It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-07-2008   #1 (permalink)
Matteo

Default The best time to adopt a kitty?

Im currently searching for the correct kitten, yesterday they offered me a 3 months and a half siamese. Do you think her age is good for adopting her? Or should I search younger kittens?

Thank you

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-08-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road

Hi!

3 months is Okay. 2 months also but not less than this. They must learn from mum...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-08-2008   #3 (permalink)
buttercup

Hi Matteo.... I've always adopted new babies that were at least 8 weeks so that they get a good foundation from their mom if possible. I would question as to why this one wasn't yet adopted at 3 months. Has it had any vet care? ( Shots checkup deworming etc.)

Unread 07-08-2008   #4 (permalink)
Matteo

Thank you for the replies

Actually that siamese kitten is like three months and a half. I guess no one has adopted her because she's Siamese . And people nowdays only want Himalayans, Ragdolls, Persians and Scottish; at least it in my country.

I saw her the other day and she seems like a very healthy kitten and with more energy than the energizer bunny. Should I search for a 2 month old siamese? Because this one could be more difficult to adapt to the new home.

Unread 07-09-2008   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Don't search anymore. Take this one, is Okay.

I have two siamese at home & I assure you he will have this energy up to the end of his days... Thay are very energetic cats.

Bye for now, Maya
Unread 07-12-2008   #6 (permalink)
Zayenah

Her age is fine, breeders don't let their kittens go until at least 12 weeks and often 16 weeks depending on their breed.

Unread 07-14-2008   #7 (permalink)
buttercup

Matteo..... I must apologize as I thought the kitten was half siamese. I miss read that part. I know that breeders will keep kittens longer then let say someone who has a litter to get rid of. I know that there is always going to be one that may take longer to adopt as it may not be as "desirable" as the rest of the litter. (Personally all furry kids are adorable and who can resist kittens) I know that some siamese can be difficult. When I was a child we had a sealpoint male we called Sua and he was a little twisted in the head. We had a gentleman come in to fix our furnace and the cat chased him out of the house and that man wouldn't come back in. I know there is a possibility that he wasn't maybe nice to Sua but he exhibitated this bizare behaviour from when he was a kitten. My parents were nervous that maybe he would eventually really hurt someone and they gave him away.

Unread 07-17-2008   #8 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

Ideally, kittens should be at least 9 weeks of age. Some even suggest 12 weeks of age before adoption. Remember, kitties need a longer period of time with their mother.
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

|

Tags
adopted , adoption , adorable , age , babies , behaviour , breeders , care , cat , cats , healthy , hey , home , house , hurt , kitten , kittens , kitties , kitty , litter , male , mat , nervous , new home , nice , question , search , siamese , vet

Sponsored Cat Links