It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-21-2008   #1 (permalink)
sailahara

Question abandoned kitten

Hi there I dont know anything at all about kittens except what I am finding out now on web. However I found a kitten on a walk through woods, it was just meowing away and no momma anywhere. I promise I looked (I'm more of a dog person). However, I couldnt leave it with it crying. It is grey with white paws if that matters, Cute for a cat! Here is problem, I dont have a car right now and my husband wont be home for few days. I have a can of Mackerell in cabinet and puppy food and milk will this do until wednesday till he gets in. Also i dont have litter box what can i do for that. I am at a loss but it is just so sweet I couldnt just leave it to die. Thanks for all Help!!!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-21-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi! I'm Maya from Israel.
Well done! You are saving a precious life.
For the moment you can manage with this meal but don't you have some
chicken (without bones), pork or read meat? Also white cheese and cottage cheese will help. Don't you have Gerber? They love it.

No problem with the litter box. You can use a carton with sand or soil.

Good luck,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-21-2008   #3 (permalink)
sailahara

I do have some meat in freezer how do i prepare it for the kitten though? Just boil? I also have some cottage cheese, to give it. I just dont know the first thing about cats. Sorry and Thanks for info

Unread 07-21-2008   #4 (permalink)
sailahara

Talking

Thanks to everyone who has helped. Just got ahold of vet and he said that Mackerel and puppy food would work for 2 days just to mix them in little amounts and bring it in first thing Wed morn. when my hubby gets in. I was scared because I didnt want to make it sick, but I didnt want it to die either. I just fed him (i think) and he has now stoped meowing and is sleeping. Once again Thanks, also I can always use more suggestions on play toys for it to use until i go to store!!!!

Unread 07-21-2008   #5 (permalink)
buttercup

You did an awesome thing and you've saved a life. The meowing was probably due to hunger and being scared and so the meal you've given filled his belly. You can also use ripped up newspaper for litter as I know a few people that do that instead of litter. For toys anything that rolls up like a ball ,tin foil ,paper etc.

Unread 07-22-2008   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thumbs up

You welcome!
I'm very happy you managed with this new job.
I forgot to tell you that can give him some yogurt as well. All must be at room temperature, the cottage also.
Concerning the meat you can boil it or roast (he will like more)
If you have dogs please be careful, they can kill him in seconds.

Will be nice to hear from you again.
Bye for now,

Unread 07-23-2008   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Is it everything Okay? We didn't hear anything more from you...

Unread 07-23-2008   #8 (permalink)
dmcwlvssr

Everyone gave you wonderful advice. How is the baby doing? Hugs for taking the time to care. Would love to see a picture and hear if kitty has a name yet.

Unread 07-29-2008   #9 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

Wow, I'm pretty impressed with you sailahara. Hope other people would be the same and kind enough to take care of abandoned cats. You can learn a lot from this forum. Keep on reading, you'll surely be acquianted with many things, esp on how to take good care of your feline pet.
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

|

|
Unread 07-29-2008   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Cool

I rescued a 6 month old abandoned kitten last Saturday I named Dino...
He's extremely cute!!!!

Tags
advice , age , all about kittens , baby , belly , box , car , care , cat , cats , crying , cute , dog , dogs , food , found , grey , hey , home , kitten , kittens , kitty , litter , litter box , loss , love , mat , meowing , person , picture , play , problem , puppy , scared , sick , sleeping , stray , suggestions , toys , vet

Sponsored Cat Links