It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-18-2008   #1 (permalink)
fatbuttmut

Default This could happen in your community too

Our local ABC station reported about a community in North Carolina where someone has been poisoning the cats in the area. Please keep your eyes open and take care of our purring friends, they depend on us to stay safe.
The whole article is at abc11.com: Poison kills dozens of pets 8/14/08
But it's also below so you can read it. It is a sad situation and I hope they catch whoever is doing this awful thing.

MOORE COUNTY (WTVD) -- Authorities in Moore County have a deadly mystery on their hands.

They're trying to figure who is poisoning neighborhood pets in Pinehurst.

Pinehurst Police are stepping up patrols in the Village Acres community. Residents in the close-knit community off Highway 211 say they do not know is who is killing their cats.

"Someone is throwing balls of meat laced with something into the yards and killing the cats," said Maureen Burke-Horansky with Animal Advocates of Moore County

"In the short amount of time that this has happened it has alerted everybody something is up. This is not just some couple of lost cats or a few dead cats," added Barbara Shephard with Animal Advocates of Moore County.

Currently, 43 cats have died during the past 30 days.

One of the lucky survivors, Little Man, was saved before he had a chance to ingest the poison. But other cats who lived nearby weren't so lucky.

"It so affects the liver and kidneys until it can go either way were you're not wanting to cut that animal's life short... but at the same time you're not wanting it to suffer. And the last one we just lost, they thought it would be fine and I ended up bringing it back and it died in my arms," Shephard said.

Thursday, three more cats were found dead in Village Acres. The poisonings are not only emotional for pet owners, it is also expensive.

"It can run has high as $700 to $1200 to save a cat. And only two people so far has saved cats," Horansky said.

Animal advocates are asking pet owners to keep their cats inside until authorities can figure out who's responsible for the poisonings

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-18-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Angry

Lots of sick people out there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-18-2008   #3 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

This is so tragic.It makes me so angry,that idiots can do this to poor defenceless animals.I hope whoever is responsible is caught.They should be locked away,or better still put in a room with all the victims owners.
Unread 08-18-2008   #4 (permalink)
fatbuttmut

Maybe put them in a cage with some really angry feral cats and no place to hide.
I understand some people are not animal lovers and others allow their cats to roam free without supervision but that's no reason to do something so mean. All they have to do is talk to their neighbor about it.
One of my neighbor has about 5 cats that are always outside and one of them started to come around. He's full of fleas and probably sick, and broke one of my window screens trying to reach my cats. I let her know he was probably too close to a busy street, changed my screen and now I have a sheer curtain in those windows so he can't see inside and be tempted to call attention to my cats. However, that's no reason to hurt that poor guy, he's just doing what comes natural to him and the owner should be more careful about his safety.
There are raccoons around here and one of them already took away one of her outside cats. That was really sad and could had been avoided.

Unread 08-18-2008   #5 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Gosh this is all so tragic.Poor animals,thats right what you said though,put them in a cage with feral cats!xxxxx
Unread 09-11-2008   #6 (permalink)
jazzylane

My grandma had a cat that would eat the fish from a friends pond. All they did was talk to my grandma about it and she paid for new fish and made sure the cat never went there again.

Unread 09-11-2008   #7 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

This is do disgusting!!! How can someone do something as ugly as this!!? Argh!

Unread 09-14-2008   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Angry

They must be punished imm!!

Unread 09-14-2008   #9 (permalink)
Val_Kitten

I had a cat that would always get out whenever someone opened the door and I would usually be able to get him, but sometimes, he'd make it into my neighbours' yards and it'd be too late to knock and ask if I could get him. So I started getting complaints from one of my mean neighbours that my cat was pooping in her flowers, but her flowers looked something like this. The tall purple ones.

http://www.pecorfamily.com/Blog_2020...nd_20After.jpg

and had weeds all around them. You couldn't even see the ground. So we tried to pay closer attention to make sure my cat couldn't slip out. But one night, he came home throwing up green stuff. We took him to the vet, but he had to be put down. We're sure it was her.

Unread 09-15-2008   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Angry

That makes me sick, poor thing!

Tags
angry , animal , blog , care , cat , cats , changed , cut , eyes , feral , fish , fleas , found , free , friends , hey , home , hurt , lost , lovers , lucky , natural , night , sad , save a cat , sick , story , vet , window

Sponsored Cat Links