It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-15-2008   #1 (permalink)
TheWifeofKyle

Exclamation I need some help with My cat

I live in an apartment with my hubby and 2 cats. My cat Norma Jean Riley is perfect! His cat Hercules is not so much..... They share a litter box (they always have with other cats, they moved in together with us for the first time in March) They get along GREAT!!!!! But Hercules will Pee anywhere he wants. I have cleaned the carpets, sprayed Natures Miracle, I have done everything and he just keeps doing it. I once cleaned the litter box out once (sometimes twice) a day for a week and he still peed other places! My husband wants to get rid of him, but I cant do it! I really need help or my husband will take him to the Humane Society. Please if you can help I would LOVE any advice!

Some History on them:
They are both inside only.
NJR is about 4 and a half
Hercules is around 3

Hercules use to have a best Friend but he was kidnapped from us about a year ago. Sad times we never got him back.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-16-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Hi & welcome,

I'm Maya, the mum of 6 lovely furkids

Is Hercules spayed? Maybe this is one of the causes. Another one can be
that there is a health problem. I suggest you to pay a visit to the vet.

Good luck,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-16-2008   #3 (permalink)
TheWifeofKyle

Hercules and Norma Jean are both neutered. And I dont think its health problems cuz if you scold him for like scratching the carpet then he goes into another room and pees where he is not suppose to. We also have this REALLY expensive rug and no matter what I do,he will poo on it. ONLY that rug all other times he will poo in his litter box so I am at a loss

Unread 10-17-2008   #4 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Take Hercules to the vet,as Maya said.Good luck.xxxxx
Unread 10-17-2008   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

I cannot see any cause for this behaviour. Pls take him to the vet's ASAP.

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 10-19-2008   #6 (permalink)
TheWifeofKyle

So I opened up a new room to them (use to be an office, will someday a nursery) and is now a room jus to hang out in. I put a cat shelf on the window sill and open the window for them when I am home. HE loves being in there. He use to be an indoor outdoor cat until his friend was stolen from us. And now we live in a far too trafficy place for him to go outside. Anyhow I didnt have an incident with him for 4 days! Until today when I got home from church. So, Im kinda thinkin maybe hes bored, and I know he doesnt like it when we leave, which might be part of why he did it today while we were at church, not home.

I cant leave the window open when Im not home because I dont want to risk out place being broke into. SO, Im trying to think of something for him to spend his time doing...... I have a bazillion toys he bats around the house and fake mice he carries in his mouth. He use to have a cat tree, want too fond of that. ANyone got any ideas??????

Unread 10-20-2008   #7 (permalink)
chickengirl2004

someone suggested when you leave put them in a large dog crate/kennel with food and a litter box. when you get home give him lots of love. he is upset about something. my cat does the same thing but on my bed and pillows. im taking him to the vet with one of my next two paychecks. i also had set up a tethered light weight dog cable to a book shelf and zoot wore a harness and i would hook him up and let him out side for an hour here and there. he loved it. if you cant afford a kennel try it using your bathroom. and make sure your husband shows him a little extra love he might be jealous of his dads time.

Unread 10-20-2008   #8 (permalink)
pattyp

Default Her.cules

The general litterbox rule is one box per cat plus(+) one. Have you changed brands of litter?

Are you in an house where you can put up an outdoor enclosure?

Let me know

Thanks,
Patty P

Unread 10-20-2008   #9 (permalink)
TheWifeofKyle

thank you all for your replys!!!

I am going to put another litter box in the new office room/cat room/future nursery. and I think i will let them have acces to the window whilewe are not home and leave it open jsut at cat laying height so he can lay there and stare out at the squirrels that i feed.

I am using the same litter as always, same food, same everything.

We live in an apartment and theres no room for an outdoor enclosure sadly
I am looking into gettin him so new toys tho!

And my hubby gives him attention, the problem is Norma Jean Riley. Shes my princess and she knows it! And gets extremely jealous when Hercules gets attention. He stillis gettin a lot more just sittin between the 2. She doesnt hurt him just gets upset and bats at hisears (claws are not out). They really do love eachother honest!

And I cant putthem in a crate because we work all day and I would feel bad leaving them in there that long

Unread 10-21-2008   #10 (permalink)
chickengirl2004

And I cant putthem in a crate because we work all day and I would feel bad leaving them in there that long

in a large enough crate he would have room for the litter box and food and a few toys. and a lot of cats sleep most of the day anyways. well atleast one i know do. i got this advise from a reliable source so as long as there is room for a litter box food and room for the cat at lest for a while to "train" him. and then slowly start leaving him out of it when you run to the store for an hour here or there.

Tags
advice , apartment , behaviour , book , box , carpet , cat , cats , changed , claws , dog , food , great , health , hey , home , house , hurt , indoor , kennel , litter , litter box , litterbox , loss , love , mat , outdoor , pee , poo , poop , problem , problems , sad , scratching , the cat off , toys , upset , vet , weight , window

Sponsored Cat Links