It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-10-2008   #1 (permalink)
Catmandoo

Default He, advice needed please

Hi,
I've had my kitten for 5 days, he's 8 weeks old and gorgeous except he follows me everywhere and unless he's asleep seems to be miowing an awful lot or just sitting there staring into space. His favourite place is sitting on my shoulder and even then he miows alot, is this because he is adjusting to being in a different place and an only cat? I've tried playing with him, sometimes he reacts, sometimes not.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-10-2008   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

missprettyeyes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmandoo View Post
Hi,
I've had my kitten for 5 days, he's 8 weeks old and gorgeous except he follows me everywhere and unless he's asleep seems to be miowing an awful lot or just sitting there staring into space. His favourite place is sitting on my shoulder and even then he miows alot, is this because he is adjusting to being in a different place and an only cat? I've tried playing with him, sometimes he reacts, sometimes not.
Has he been to the vet?if your really worried,for your peace of mind I would call the vet and see what he says!if he has not yet been seen I would schedule a visit!Good luck!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-10-2008   #3 (permalink)
Catmandoo

Not yet as it's only been 5 days. He was vet checked at 6 weeks at his old home. Perhaps he is missing his family?

Unread 11-10-2008   #4 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hi I'm Cheryl,he'll be fine,like you said he's most prob missing his family,so he needs lots of hugs and cuddles from you to reassure him.xxxxx
Unread 11-11-2008   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

He probably miss his family but it all will be Okay soon when he get used to you.
Maybe he's hungry... don't forget kittens eat a lot.
But if the problem persists, consult your vet.

Good luck,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 11-11-2008   #6 (permalink)
Soun4getable

I am sure that the previousr posts are right. It is a time of major adjustment for the kitty. He is sepearted from his mom and his littermates. As long as he is eatling, drinking, and otherwise acting normally I would not be concerned. He is probably just confused. However, you should probably get a vet check regardless just to be sure that there are no other issues that you don't know about.

Tags
advice , cat , family , home , kitten , kittens , kitty , missing , playing , problem , vet

Sponsored Cat Links