It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-21-2008   #1 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road
Default Fighting the feelings. . .

Hi Everyone!

It's been just over a week since Hannah passed, and I have been battling some fierce feelings.

Friday night, I found myself in a pet store that features cats from the local animal shelter who are up for adoption. I didn't fill out an application, but I was tempted.

I miss Hannah terribly. The only way to explain it is that I have a hole in my heart and a hole in my house. Her absence is definitely being felt by all of us.

Three of my girls are shelter adoptees. I adopted them as adults since grown cats are less likely to be adopted than kittens. I really think this time that I want a kitten. I got thinking. . .the last time I had a kitten in the house was 11 years ago, and that kitten was Hannah. She was a sick little critter, and with lots of love and care, she gave me 11 great years with her.

Anyways, it's not going to happen too quickly but I am starting to look. I'm not trying to replace Hannah (she was definitely one of a kind!!), I'm just looking for another kit who needs a Mom. Besides, DynahKathryn is getting fat from eating Hannah's share of the food. We can't have that!

Love to all ♥
Max
(&DynahKathryn, Baybee, Puppy, Maddie and Clippy)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-21-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi darling!

It's nice to hear from you again!!

I also was tempted to suggest you that adopting a new kit will be very positive for you (I also did it to Cheryl & it worked, now she has Finn+Harley the adorable twins!)
I know he or she won't replace Hannah, but it will be a sweet ocuppation for you & like this you're helping another kit who needs a good Momma like you. You have my blessings, so fill out the application ASAP, it will be great for you & the kitten. What do you say?
Maybe to let you more time to think?

By the way, last Friday I uploaded 2 more pics (there you will see Lady Brenda sleeping inside the litter tray box)
Earlier today I uploaded 5 pics of one of my workcolleagues first baby: her name is Alisa & so cute... Give a look & think about the new kitten

Bye for now,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-21-2008   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road

I just took a look at the pictures. (Lady Brenda is such a laugh!!)

One look at Alisa and yes, I want a kitten. I guess I'm feeling guilty as I always have adopted the older cats-since no one seems to want them. Everyone wants kittens. My older cats have given me so much joy. These are the feelings I am fighting.

I will take this day to day. Everyone of my girls "spoke" to me in a strange way as soon as I saw them. When I visit the shelters, I will know when one "speaks" to me. I have been looking at pictures, but the pictures aren't the same as actually seeing the kits.

It will definitely happen. I don't know when or where, but there will be a new addition to this house at some point. Hannah would have wanted it that way.
Unread 12-21-2008   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi sweetheart,

Thank you for your comments on Brenda & Alisa, they are so adorable!

You don't need to fight against your feelings. It's very simple: let's adopt a kitten in need. I'm sure that there will be more than one that will "speak" to you & I'm also convinced that Hannah accepts the new tiny addition for her sisters It will be so nice to see new pics!!!

Good luck!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
addition , adopted , adoption , adorable , animal , baby , bat , box , care , cats , cute , eating , fight , fighting , food , found , great , hey , house , joy , kitten , kittens , litter , love , new kitten , nice , night , pet , pictures , puppy , shelter , shelters , sick , sleeping

Sponsored Cat Links