It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-12-2009   #1 (permalink)
babycrazed

Default In heat at 4.5 mo old???

Hey guys I don't know if you remember me its been a while since I posted. Jazzie has certainly fit in well with our household and seems to be pretty content. I was just wondering if its possible for her to be in heat already. She's been acting really really weird lately, the last 3 days. She will lay on her belly with her bum in the air and if u pet her she wiggles her back end. Its actually really funny. Buddy my fixed male wants nothing to do with her so I have no idea if she's just being a goober or really in heat. Tho she does wander up and down my hallway mewoing all day. She sounds like a Wookie from starwars its really funny to hear. But I will add some more pictures of our pretty lady soon I just gotta dl from my digital camera. She and Buddy are totally inseperable now. If one can't find the other they catterwail till the other comes outta hiding. Anyways just wondering if thats possible.
PS. She does[U][U]not go out side so I am not worried that way.
Thanks again
Brenna

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-12-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road

"Is My Cat in Heat? Signs that your female cat is in season" - Is My Cat in Heat? Signs that your female cat is in season

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Last edited by krzekmaya; 03-12-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-12-2009   #3 (permalink)
babycrazed

ok another quick question can i get her fixed now while she's in heat or do I have to wait till it passes first. She is definitely getting fixed but I had planned on waiting till she was 6 months old before we did it. I am not worried about cost of fixing her just wanted her to be healthy and strong enough to have that sort of surgery. Thanks for the link to that web site, definitely informative!
Thanks again

Unread 03-12-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thumbs up

You are welcome

And the answer is definitively YES, you can fix her when she's in heat.

Good luck,

Unread 03-13-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycrazed View Post
ok another quick question can i get her fixed now while she's in heat or do I have to wait till it passes first. She is definitely getting fixed but I had planned on waiting till she was 6 months old before we did it. I am not worried about cost of fixing her just wanted her to be healthy and strong enough to have that sort of surgery. Thanks for the link to that web site, definitely informative!
Thanks again
you can get her fixed when she is in heat, but if all possible it's better to try to schedule the surgery between cycles. Spaying while in heat is more expensive, and for good reason, as there is a lot more blood and tissue and gunk for the vet to deal with.

Thank you for getting your cats spayed and neutered!

please read this first
Unread 03-13-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thumbs up

Once my vet told me there's no problem at all to make the surgery when female cats are in heat, so go ahead!

Unread 03-13-2009   #7 (permalink)
babycrazed

Ok, I called my vet, he is amazing, he said to wait till after she is done her heat. Do in like 2 weeks she's going in. He would rather wait because of all the blood flow to , he's worried that it can cause bleeding problems, so thats what were gonna do. She also gets her finall shots for the year aswell that day so I even get a discount. Gotta love my vet. He is absolutely one of the best vets I have ever worked with.When I had to put down my dog Dobie, he sat with me and gave me tissues and reassured me it wouldn't hurt her. ( she was a biter and I couldn't risk her biting anymore.) he also comes in at any time day or night. We lost a puppy when my daughter was 3. She decided to give it a bath in the toilet, or thought it was thirsty, not sure really. But he was out hunting and came right in and did his best to save her and was soo gentle about it. anyways Im rambling lol Just wanted to let you know that she's getting up to date and such. Tho I did say no to the declawing ( NO WAY IN HELL) which even he said is a good idea just incase she does sneak outside she has some defenses.
Well thanks for all the input and help everyone.

Tags
amazing , bath , belly , biting , camera , cat , cat in heat , cats , digital camera , discount , dog , female , fixed , fun , funny , healthy , heat , hey , hiding , hurt , in heat , informative , lost , love , male , night , pet , pictures , problem , problems , puppy , question , save , spayed , surgery , vet , weird

Sponsored Cat Links