It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-21-2009   #1 (permalink)
RescueMuttz

Cool Kitty intros

Time for the kitty intros and pictures as I know its bad forum etiquette to not produce pictures ASAP.

Reyna

This is my Reyna-monkey. She'll be 2 years old on the 26th. I've had her since she was a tiny 4 week old ball of piss and vinegar. My boyfriend's mom works with the local humane society with the cats so she traps feral colonies TNR's them and if there are any that have the potential to come around become lovely house pets (usually kittens) we put them into foster care to get them socialized and then adopted out. Reyna and her two siblings were such a case but mama was never able to be caught. I fostered her and then adopted her. She's queen of the house and lets everyone know, we can't have any other females in the house or there are constant fights so we can only take in male fosters. She loves kittens and we're all pretty sure she has a few screws loose, she's such a nutbag sometimes.

Bosco

Bosco is the boyfriend's cat. He's 6 or 7 now, neither of us is sure of his birthday and the boyfriend doesn't remember his "gotcha day". I really should just pick a random date and mark it as his birthday. I don't believe he was ever a feral just a housecat from day one that wasn't treated very well. The woman who had him before he was taken into the humane society and then put into the care of the boyfriend's mom would starve him and then come into some food and he'd eat until he blew up and then she'd starve him again and the pattern goes on several times. He always believes he's hungry now and we've had a constant battle with his weight he's half of his former weight at this point so that's not bad but I doubt he'll loose anymore as he has a big build. He was front pawed delcawed by that woman I'm assuming and 11/2-2 years ago he developed diabetes and now gets two insulin shots a day, special food, and a set feeding schedule. He has a wacky obsessed with eating toilet paper...

Munch

Munch came in with his two brothers. They were born outside in a shed and someone called us(the humane society) to come get them. They were a litter of 6 but the boyfriend only wants 3 fosters at a time so I picked out 3 boys so Reyna wouldn't murder me in my sleep. He's a big baby, big talker, big cuddler. He is just one big needy boy and very attached to Stabler but adopting two kittens together is not an easy thing especially when they are mostly black.The third brother, Finn has been adopted however.

Stabler

Stabler is the chunky monkey. We described his shape as round for the longest time, lol. He's not as big of a cuddlier as Munch but definitely has his moments and can be a cuddlebug. But it all must be on his terms.

Last edited by RescueMuttz; 07-21-2009 at 09:12 AM.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-21-2009   #2 (permalink)
RescueMuttz

Marshmallow/Galen

And last but not leash Marshmallow, who is a feral kitten. Actually his humane society name is Galen, at least that's what they named him at the vet clinic but I thought it was a horrible name and since I've had a horrible obsession with naming something Marshmallow lately (and even said the day before I was asked to foster him that I wanted to get a black cat and call it Marshmallow just to throw people off) he was dubbed Marshmallow. The first he proved to be very defensive and nervous, he went after me, he went after the other cats and even after Booney, my 11 mth old puppy who adores kittens and lets them suckle on his tummy.He was an angry Marshmallow, I said it was because he was burnt and that the moral of this story is don't burn your marshmallows because they come back as angry kittens, lol. He's coming around already, especially to me where I'm home all day and handle him more. He can be quite the cuddle bug and is definitely a contender for Munch's title of "Biggest Attention Hog Ever". Sorry Munch, but if you want to keep that title you better buck up!

Last edited by RescueMuttz; 07-21-2009 at 09:11 AM.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-21-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Oh my goodness Lisa !!
Looking at your kitties photos is just like looking at my own kitties !
First : Is Reyna a Russian Blue ? She looks like my Earl Blue !
Second : I have a DSH tabby too -- Princess Tiger !!
Third : Munch looks like my Lady Fergie, who is a Tuxedo too !!
And my last kitten, Deborah is also a black cat !!
Oh yes, Stabbler is a cutie pie !! I just adore Tuxedos !!

What a coincidence !!

PS : You can check on them in my profile album or Cats Pictures section of this site.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 07-21-2009   #4 (permalink)
RescueMuttz

I be stealing your kitties? That's too funny!

Not sure what Reyna is, I've been wondering if she might be half Russian Blue as she does have some of the "signs" but being born in a feral colony what are the chances of that? Either way she's my lover and I wouldn't give her up for all the money in the world.

Unread 07-21-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RescueMuttz View Post
I be stealing your kitties? That's too funny!

Not sure what Reyna is, I've been wondering if she might be half Russian Blue as she does have some of the "signs" but being born in a feral colony what are the chances of that? Either way she's my lover and I wouldn't give her up for all the money in the world.
I'm pretty much convinced Reyna has at least half of Russian Blue in her !! As you said, she has RB's traits, like her green eyes .. and check her paws ... what color ?

Yeah, no matter breed our kitties are, we still love them unconditionally ... that's so true ! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Irene Jims; 07-21-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Unread 07-21-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

OMG they are all adorable and you must have a lot of fun with them. My newest furbabies will be coming home in about 5 weeks and you can see them and my Zipper in my album.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Unread 07-21-2009   #7 (permalink)
Cool Cat

lovemeow is on a distinguished road

awwww I am in love... georgeous cats!!!

- my blog dedicated to our furry buddies

~|
|~
Unread 07-21-2009   #8 (permalink)
RescueMuttz

They are all quite the handful but well worth it.

5 weeks?! I bet that seems a lifetime away!

Irene, Reyna's paw pads are a mauveish color. Which I'm told is one of several signs that she may be part Russian Blue.

Unread 07-21-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RescueMuttz View Post
They are all quite the handful but well worth it.

5 weeks?! I bet that seems a lifetime away!

Irene, Reyna's paw pads are a mauveish color. Which I'm told is one of several signs that she may be part Russian Blue.
That's it !! I'm almost 100 percent convinced now that Reyna is actually an RB cat !! Or at least she has lots of RB in her !! If she is a domestic cat, her paw pad's color will be like other domestic cats' -- usually pinkish !
Earl Blue's paw pad's are also purple -- only maybe darker purple...

Unread 07-21-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Beautiful cats! How lucky you are to be owned by them. I love the pic with Bosco licking his nose. I've been trying to take a pic like that, but it's hard. Well done!

Tags
adopted , baby , bat , birthday , black , black cat , boyfriend , care , cat , cats , colony , color , cuddler , defensive , diabetes , eating , eyes , feral , fights , food , foster , fun , funny , hey , home , house , insulin , kitten , kittens , kitties , kitty , litter , mat , moments , money , needy , photos , pictures , profile , puppy , queen , siblings , sleep , stealing , story , weight

Sponsored Cat Links