It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-24-2009   #11 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara-satellite View Post
Well we all know the reason this thread was started is because of me and my post. I could sit here and argue my case all day long, but unfortunately some people are just stubborn and refuse to even see a side of a person's case.

Every human lives their lifestyle and you may not agree with the way they live their life. Well, the same holds true for pets and their owners. Personally, I think there are much bigger problems that we and our pets face in the world. Let's argue sanitation in the home. Let's argue debates regarding those who don't take their pets to the vet enough or at the right times. Let's argue debates about improper shelter care.

QUOTE: Some people may be "responsible" when they dress their cats and keep watch over them and take the clothes off before going in another room or leaving the house.

Stop being so antagonistic. By using responsible in quotes is clearly a stab at specific people, regardless of you not saying so. It's obvious to the regular readers.

QUOTE: Others will think oh how cute, walk off and forget the cat until she breaks her neck or strangles getting hung up on some dress, or goes outside and get stuck on something and starves to death or gets eaten by a predator.

You are quite melodramatic. Always worst-case scenario. Let's look at your statement for a minute. "Forget the cat". Okay so if the owner is forgetting the cat, aren't they irresponsible regardless? Maybe these same people also "forgot to feed" the cat. Now let's take clothes out of the scenario. This same person still "forgets the cat" and that cat gets run over by a car in the street in front of the house. The point is irresponsibility of an owner can not be controlled. Taking clothes out of the picture isn't going to change that. If an owner is responsible, then I would just leave it be.

QUOTE: But none of your remarks about "trying it" is going to change my mind. I'm not going to "try" dressing my cats to see if they like it because I think dressing animals is wrong and makes them look silly and uncomfortable.

No one ever asked you to try it. Some of us are just sharing photos of our cats having fun who DO happen to enjoy wearing clothes. Some people like to buy hundreds of dollars of fashion designer wear, are you there to post on their forum "I think you're wasting money with clothes that are clearly uncomfortable"? No. In reality you would be better off in the prevention of the use of animal fur forums. Now that's an issue we should worry about and fight against.

Enough with the "you're wrong" statements. It just makes you seem close-minded. Not all cats are uncomfortable. You are not able to speak for every cat. You may, however, speak for your cats.

Thank you for letting me feel free to express myself.
Hey Sara !! Welcome aboard !! I especially agree with your last statement. It's TRUE !! Hehehe !! Thanks for saying so ... on our behalves.

But you said 'no one ever asked you to try it' ? I'm sorry to let you down - I WILL ask Acer to try it ! Although I already know the answer she gives me will be a big NO !! Haha !! (Forgive me Acer for being crazy, coz just like you and the rest of the members here - I'm a crazy cat lover too..no hard feelings.)

Tell you Acer, we are having fun here - not only us, but also our furry kids... When I tried the bandanna (easily) on my two girls, they love it and Princess even refused to let me take it down... She likes the feeling of being touched gently and caressed with my hands as I do it on her - I think it is also one of the bonding ways they love to have with me !! And I'm grateful to have learned the trick from Sara ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-24-2009   #12 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

I've never tried "dressing" my cats as an adult but when I was around 8 my brothers and I took a litter of kittens we found in a tractor barn to our house and I dressed them in my doll clothes including hats and put them all back in the spot we found them in. In my little child brain I was helping them to keep warm as it was late fall. Now I won't even put collars on them as we had an insident with Oscar where he got his lower jaw caught in his collar and if we hadn't been home he would have died. I had to use scissors to cut it off him. I removed all the collars and won't ever put them on my cats again. I would use harness' if I wanted to take them outside but I would be there all the time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-24-2009   #13 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thank you for letting me feel free to express myself.
You're welcome Sara.

You are correct I started this thread, in part, in response to your comments about the way I hijacked your condo thread, I was sorry I started the debate in your thread and said so.

But I also wanted everyone to have a chance to express themselves on the subject. As I said, to some it may not seem an important issue.

To me, it is, and I stated my reasons and opinions.

Thanks to all who reply

Unread 07-24-2009   #14 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jims View Post
Hey Sara !! Welcome aboard !! I especially agree with your last statement. It's TRUE !! Hehehe !! Thanks for saying so ... on our behalves.

But you said 'no one ever asked you to try it' ? I'm sorry to let you down - I WILL ask Acer to try it ! Although I already know the answer she gives me will be a big NO !! Haha !! (Forgive me Acer for being crazy, coz just like you and the rest of the members here - I'm a crazy cat lover too..no hard feelings.)

Tell you Acer, we are having fun here - not only us, but also our furry kids... When I tried the bandanna (easily) on my two girls, they love it and Princess even refused to let me take it down... She likes the feeling of being touched gently and caressed with my hands as I do it on her - I think it is also one of the bonding ways they love to have with me !! And I'm grateful to have learned the trick from Sara ...
Sara did, actually, make comments about people who won't try it.

(from condo thread)
Quote:
many cats won't have a problem with the bandana, just many people don't know because they haven't tried.

I won't try it, because I don't believe in it. I don't believe in dressing or "accessorizing" animals for human entertainment.

Why does that make me closed minded? Don't I have a right to my own feelings?

I know you are an exemplary cat mama and I imagine Sara is, too. I just happen to disagree with dressing cats.

Unread 07-24-2009   #15 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Hahaha !! I found this : both parties, those pros & cons parties are actually super, exemplary cat mamas !! It's funny, isn't it ?! It's just our opinion, belief, preference and point of view that make us unique in the way we 'love' and 'spoil' our kitties !! Therefore, no one wins and no one loses !!

Unread 07-24-2009   #16 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jims View Post
Hahaha !! I found this : both parties, those pros & cons parties are actually super, exemplary cat mamas !! It's funny, isn't it ?! It's just our opinion, belief, preference and point of view that make us unique in the way we 'love' and 'spoil' our kitties !! Therefore, no one wins and no one loses !!
Exactly. As usual Irene, you find the good in all. You are my sunshine!

Unread 07-24-2009   #17 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
Exactly. As usual Irene, you find the good in all. You are my sunshine!

Hey !! We have more things in common than difference !! Why bother fussing over minor difference when we can unite on the many things we have in common ??

Unread 07-24-2009   #18 (permalink)
Refused Autopsy

This topic does have me questioning my own "accessorizing".

I have been putting "cat safe" collars with bells on mine for outside time in late morning/early evening when they like to play outdoor with the kids.
(We own acres of Forrest so no traffic, and have 3 decks they like to lay out on..they are safe out there, too.)

I do this out of respect for the Mama birds and Squirrels out their minding their own business.....

Any better suggestions?.....it is not clothing, but is kindof on topic?...

Unread 07-24-2009   #19 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

In my opinion it is not the same thing. Collars with bells on cats who are being supervised outside are for the safety of the birds, so there is purpose aside from human entertainment.

Many cats wear collars all their lives and many cat people recommend them, with ID, for the cat's safety should kitty become lost.

My cats don't wear collars, but do wear harnesses when I take them outside. I would prefer that they did not have to wear them, and some adjust right away and others take longer, but for their safety, if they go in the yard with me, they wear them.

Mazy adjusted almost instantly, she loves dragging her string around, Jennie walked like she had a 50 pound weight on her back for a few weeks, and then even after she adjusted, if she saw me looking at her, suddenly she would start sagging again(hehe).

Poor Tolly, who has worn a harness years longer that Mazy or Jennie still has not really adjusted to it. he steps on his string, gets tangled in it,....just always has trouble.

but Tolly has a seizure disorder and I cannot take a risk of him getting away from me.

Unread 07-24-2009   #20 (permalink)
Refused Autopsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
In my opinion it is not the same thing. Collars with bells on cats who are being supervised outside are for the safety of the birds, so there is purpose aside from human entertainment.

Many cats wear collars all their lives and many cat people recommend them, with ID, for the cat's safety should kitty become lost.

My cats don't wear collars, but do wear harnesses when I take them outside. I would prefer that they did not have to wear them, and some adjust right away and others take longer, but for their safety, if they go in the yard with me, they wear them.

Mazy adjusted almost instantly, she loves dragging her string around, Jennie walked like she had a 50 pound weight on her back for a few weeks, and then even after she adjusted, if she saw me looking at her, suddenly she would start sagging again(hehe).

Poor Tolly, who has worn a harness years longer that Mazy or Jennie still has not really adjusted to it. he steps on his string, gets tangled in it,....just always has trouble.

but Tolly has a seizure disorder and I cannot take a risk of him getting away from me.

Thanks!! I have taken a little heat for it at times.... Once you bottle feed a baby squirrel you just will not get over them....

I will have to try the harnesses, though, they look like they would be more efficient for the times I need to go in before they want to...lol!!

Tags
adult , aggressive , another cat , art , attack , baby , birds , boy , business , care , cat , cat lovers , cat's , cats , classic , collar , computer , crazy , cut , cute , defensive , eyes , fashion , found , friends , fun , girl , great , happy , heat , hey , home , house , joy , kittens , kitty , litter , lost , love , mat , morning , moving , neutering , new cats , opinion , outdoor , pictures , play , problem , problems , save , shelter , shoes , silly , struggle , suggestions , surgery , uncomfortable , weight , why? , worry

Sponsored Cat Links