It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-24-2009   #21 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hehe ! Everyone of our kitty is just different !! Jennie is imaginably cute !!

All of mine wear collars with bells (Princess even has an extra paw) and ID, for they safety should kitty become lost.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-24-2009   #22 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

I put a little hat with bunny ears on Oscar and if looks could kill well..........
I took it off him gave him a snuggle and a treat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-24-2009   #23 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj29 View Post
I put a little hat with bunny ears on Oscar and if looks could kill well..........
I took it off him gave him a snuggle and a treat.
Do you have a photo of Oscar with that bunny ears hat ? It must be very cute !

Unread 07-24-2009   #24 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Jims View Post
Do you have a photo of Oscar with that bunny ears hat ? It must be very cute !
I do somewhere in the basement crawl space. DH just rolled his eyes at me as if I had lost more of my marbles.

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

Unread 07-24-2009   #25 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj29 View Post
I do somewhere in the basement crawl space. DH just rolled his eyes at me as if I had lost more of my marbles.
I want to see the pix, please ...

Unread 07-24-2009   #26 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I have to wait until my grandaughter comes over so she can go into crawlspace to pull out the boxes of pictures. Will try anyway.

Unread 07-24-2009   #27 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

It is a good thing that we are discussing something like this and disagreeing and agreeing on different parts. I'm happy it's not about something like declawing or being against spaying/neutering.

I must say I agree with Acerit though. I feel like she needs some more support here. So I hope you know, you have mine Acerit is also very articulate and made quite a few good points. I wouldn't have said the same things very well.

I also put a harness on my baby when we take her for walks, but that is for practical reasons too and I've never struggled much putting it on either. She just sits still.
Unread 07-24-2009   #28 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused Autopsy View Post
Thanks!! I have taken a little heat for it at times.... Once you bottle feed a baby squirrel you just will not get over them....

I will have to try the harnesses, though, they look like they would be more efficient for the times I need to go in before they want to...lol!!

these are the harnesses I use:

Size Right Adjustable Cat Harness in Supplies and Accessories - Collars available in our Cats Department at PetCareRx.com

I buy them in neon pink, easy to see, and just mark each one with the cat's initial so I know which is whose.

I always keep a couple extras on hand in case one breaks or wears out, (or another cat Chooses me) so far, in 7 years of harnessing, I've only had to replace one, after a clasp broke.

Somewhere in this forum I have a how to train to harness thread, I think.

I'll have to post some pics of my cats modeling them.

My favorite pictures of Jennie, when she was first learning, walking like she had a 50 lb load on her back were on my old computer, too bad, I love those!
Unread 07-24-2009   #29 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
It is a good thing that we are discussing something like this and disagreeing and agreeing on different parts. I'm happy it's not about something like declawing or being against spaying/neutering.

I must say I agree with Acerit though. I feel like she needs some more support here. So I hope you know, you have mine Acerit is also very articulate and made quite a few good points. I wouldn't have said the same things very well.

I also put a harness on my baby when we take her for walks, but that is for practical reasons too and I've never struggled much putting it on either. She just sits still.
Thank you for your support Katrine, it is nice to know I'm not standing totally alone!
Unread 07-24-2009   #30 (permalink)
Kitten

sara-satellite is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=acerlt;93776]Sara did, actually, make comments about people who won't try it.(from condo thread)

If you are going to take what I say out of context then that is your fault not mine. People won't try it is merely a statement stating "people don't do it" or "people haven't done it." Now this: "Will you try it please and find out for yourself?" does indeed ask people to try it. I, however, did not say the latter.

QUOTE:
I won't try it, because I don't believe in it. I don't believe in dressing or "accessorizing" animals for human entertainment.

Why does that make me closed minded? Don't I have a right to my own feelings?

I frankly don't care if you try it or not. You act like that I came on the boards and am rallying for an "cats shouldn't be nude" campaign. All I did was show a few pictures and then you attacked me for it wearing a bandana. I never asked a single person on this board to try wearing clothes. If Irene wants to do so, she is her own person and has every right to do what she sees fit. We should trust her as a pet owner she will do what is good for her cats, as she has done nothing to show us otherwise.

You sound closed-minded by your words. Besides the fact that you are overly verbose and long-winded, you have a way of making people feel like they are horrible people. Let's bring up some previous statements as evidence.

"It is mean and cruel." You are stating that we as owners are mean and cruel to our cats. That is an insult.

"It is wrong." You consistently say repeatedly we are wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. You may say your side all you want, but you should do it without constant insult and anger. People are more likely to take you seriously this way. Trust me! It works.

"They are uncomfortable." You don't know. You're not there. It seems pretty evident my cats are indeed comfortable. What cat falls gently asleep in my lap purring that's uncomfortable?

"Just for human entertainment." It's for both of our entertainment. I'm sorry but yes I did get my cats to play with. I think it's in all of our best interests to play with them. It is what keeps a pet happy. I know I am thoroughly entertained with my cats. And in turn we entertain them. It's the way of owning a pet. Now just because we have different means of doing so does not give you the right to attack people.

And yes, I do mean "attack". If you do not see it as such, that is fine, but it is still rude. I'm a new member, that was one of my first posts. You posted what I was doing was cruel and mean. What a successful way of welcoming someone!

In all honesty, we can have differences of opinions and there is nothing wrong with that. But sitting at your computer and rallying to get people on your side is quite an improper way of doing it. And with the way I feel I was treated by you in my post, I feel no longer comfortable in sharing my happy moments with my cats any longer.

The last thing I need you to do is loom over me every time I post a photo, wondering if you're going to object to it. Therefore, the opportunities are no longer.

I'm sorry Irene, I did not mean to get you involved in the middle of this. If I didn't post anything at all, you wouldn't of dealt with any slack.

Yes I realize I am long-winded; however, fight fire with fire.

Tags
adult , aggressive , another cat , art , attack , baby , birds , boy , business , care , cat , cat lovers , cat's , cats , classic , collar , computer , crazy , cut , cute , defensive , eyes , fashion , found , friends , fun , girl , great , happy , heat , hey , home , house , joy , kittens , kitty , litter , lost , love , mat , morning , moving , neutering , new cats , opinion , outdoor , pictures , play , problem , problems , save , shelter , shoes , silly , struggle , suggestions , surgery , uncomfortable , weight , why? , worry

Sponsored Cat Links