It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-10-2009   #71 (permalink)
Cool Cat

PantherPride is on a distinguished road

When I was a little boy I used to stab knives into our couch, Later I learned it probably saved our older cat ( Tom) from Declawing, I'm grateful for it)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-16-2009   #72 (permalink)
Newborn

Ka ka ka kitty face is on a distinguished road

in the 80's, my Grandma had a fat white cat named Frosty. He had been declawed. He wasn't morbidly obese, just regular fat. He got out of the house a few times (waited for door to open and would bolt).

Well one of those times ended in tragedy. Some moron neighbors had 2 doberman loose. Frosty was torn to bits at the bottom of a tree, he had apparently tried to get up and couldn't. So sad. I was a kid and I remember bawling my eyes out, even though Frosty usually wanted nothing to do with me. I visited his grave many times throughout my childhood back in their yard. Poor Frosty.

You don't want that happening to your cat. Please don't declaw.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-25-2009   #73 (permalink)
Kitten

felix is on a distinguished road

Ive just sat for half an hour reading this thread, & to be honest, I cant believe that youre even considering declawing your cat.
Is there a valid medical reason for this proceedure, or is it just vanity on behalf of the owners furniture?
I do understand this is the norm in certain countries. Here in the UK it is considered abusive & uneccesary.
A cat is born with claws for a reason. They help the cat to survive. Without them a cat is open to danger from many scources. How would you feel if your parents had had your fingers & toes removed at birth?
I do work for a well known animal charity so I do have some knowledge of what a cat needs to survoive, & claws are definately, in my opinion, something they need.

Sorry if I offend anyone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 10-25-2009   #74 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Your post does not offend, and thank you for sharing your opinion. This is, in general, an anti declaw site. Declawing of cats is banned in at least 26 countries around the world. How I wish the USA was one of them.

Tags
age , aggressive , animal , another cat , attack , attacking , baby , behavior issues , behaviour , birds , birth , bite , box , boy , breeders , car , care , carpet , cat , cats , claws , color , cool , crazy , cut , cute , eye , eyes , fashion , fip , foster , found , fur , furniture , girl , great , growls , happy , hey , home , house , hurt , indoor , interesting , jumping , kittens , kitty , laser , legal , links , lost , love , loving , male , mat , mating , medical , moving , neuter , neutering , opinion , outdoor , pee , pet food , photos , play , playing , poop , prayers , prize , problems , sad , scared , search , sex , shelter , small , smart , soft paws , spay , story , surgery , tabby , type , vaccine , vet , worry

Sponsored Cat Links