Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum

Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/)
-   Cat Chat (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/cat-chat/)
-   -   Hello from Florida (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/cat-chat/54533-hello-from-florida.html)

katlady 08-22-2009 03:04 PM

Hello from Florida

It has been awhile since I've visited Cat Forum. I was down with the flu and that wiped me out. Then I had to play catch up at work. We were planning to trap our deck kitties but it has rained every day for 2+ weeks so we were afraid we wouldn't see them out. We plan to commence trapping Sun night.
Our "Angel" kittens are 9 weeks old and full of the devil!! They are a handful. They went for boosters today. And we made appts for Angel to be spayed and for Seraphina to be spayed and more importantly, get her hernia repaired. The appt is in 2 weeks. We can get Seraphina in sooner if her hernia worsens. She eats like a pig and poops fine so no intestinal involvement. We keep a good eye on her. The kittens love our cat tree/condo. They can shimmy the poles in no time flat. I will get some pics posted in my album soon!!!

krzekmaya 08-23-2009 03:26 AM

Welcome back! :mrgreen:

supersmithy 08-23-2009 11:37 AM

Hi there, nice to see you! Glad things are looking up and look forward to the pics of the kittens :)

mj29 08-23-2009 10:42 PM

Welcome back. The flu can really get its grip on you and set you on your tush eh? I know of what you speak with new kittens. My two are just now 8 weeks old and we had them in for their shots on Friday. I want to get mine a condo as well.

acerlt 08-23-2009 11:26 PM

Thanks for the update. Way to go on the spays! Good luck on the trapping tonight! All paws crossed for success!

katlady 08-25-2009 08:28 PM

We were successful and caught the calico on the first try. She went yesterday and was spayed @ the vet the Animal Protection League wanted us to go to but they would test her for leukemia or HIV so on our way home we stopped @ our regular vet. They did it for us. I was afraid to bring her home to the rest of the pride without knowing whether she was pos or neg. She, Callie, is neg. We are going to keep her indoors. She is afraid but not overly so. She has bonded to Blanca, the "mother hen". Blanca just licks her and nuzzles her and Callie leans into Blanca. We haven't seen the other outdoor cats since Mon AM. We are waiting awhile before trying to trap the others until Callie recuperates enough so she can be in the main part of the house instead of in a make shift area of a bathroom. I'll get pics of her soon. She is gorgeous!! She is a lot tinier than we thought she was when we were looking out the window.

acerlt 08-25-2009 08:30 PM

Bless you, you are a saint to those cats! :)