It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-27-2009   #11 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chooch is on a distinguished road

correction its PREDNISOLONE
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-08-2009   #12 (permalink)
Newborn

Catdog is on a distinguished road

My 9 year old appears to have some sort of asthma as well. For years, I just thought it was a hair ball or something until I found some videos of cat asthma. The weird part is it seems to have no correlation with exercise. She can play and play with no problem. She will just be randomly sitting and have a small fit that lasts anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or more. The only thing that seems to brings it on is sometimes when she gets work about being affectionate. Not really sure what to do about it though. She gets over it pretty quickly and it doesn't happen all the time (that I am aware of). Is this enough to warrant medication?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-08-2009   #13 (permalink)
Cool Cat

sorry to hear about your cat, all my previous cats had never any health problems until they were older, and this is the first time i have had a cat with breathing and coughing problems so its all new to me, all i can say is you should probably get your cat checked at the vet, my kitten has been having breathlessnes after excersise since she was six weeks old, she is now six months and there has been a great improvement since she has been on medication, she seems happy and healthy otherwise. Jonesy has got nine tablets left and then she has to go back to the vet and i think she will be getting x rays done, i have seen the videos of cat asthma and when my kitten was coughing like that i took her to the vet that day because a bad attack can be fatal, keep me posted, thanks, jan
Unread 03-28-2010   #14 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

Hi My cat has the same symptoms. I thought he was choking at first. He had a coughing fit and then was fine for a week or so, and it happened again. I thought it was a hairball, but nothing came out. Last night it happened again while he was sleeping. He woke up and had a coughing fit. I called the vet and made an appointment for tomorrow. From what I checked out online, it could be asthma, heart problems, or an allergy to something. I will let you know what happens
Unread 03-30-2010   #15 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Default coughing

aw sorry to hear your cat hasnt been well, what age is he? my cat hasnt had any symptoms since i stopped using incense sticks, have you been using anything different around the house? hope he is ok, unfortunately my wee cat has been diagnosed with epilepsy recently after taking sezuires but she is on medication, and today and last night she had been vomiting so if ishe is still the same tomorrow morning the vet said to bring her down, and she is not even a year old yet!

Tags
advice , affectionate , allergy , asthma , attack , baby , breathing , cat , cats , crazy , eye , found , friends , great , happy , health , healthy , heat , hey , house , infection , kitten , night , opinion , peeing , pill , pills , play , playing , problem , problems , sleeping , small , vet , videos , vomiting , weight , weird , worry

Sponsored Cat Links