It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-09-2009   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Fine
dollydaft is on a distinguished road
Default Update on Kittens Molly and Lilly

Hello

Sorry I havent been online much lately, I've been working on my hobby, (that and I'm a 24/7 sole carer, so I work on my hobby whenever I get the chance lol.)
I thought I'd give you an update on our, "babies," Molly and Lilly, who are officially 11 weeks old tomorrow, but are still very tiny, the vet says they look more like 8~9 weeks.

Lilly has lightened in colour to be a darkish grey and white whilst Molly is black and white, they love to play, and they love to sleep on our bed.......they only seem to use their cat beds in daytime and even though they have one each, they insist on sleeping together....they sleep in the weirdest positions. (They have grown and they are facinated with shoes, my slippers in particular.)

If feels like they have been with us for a lot longer than a few weeks, and they have settled in really well.

So glad we made the decision they would be house cats, as today another neighbour's cat was hit by a car.....poor wee thing survived but had to get an emergency operation......he's still at the vets.

Our two are definatly going to be safely indoors, not taking any chances.

They are really good little kittens, they love to run around the house and play with their toys, the love to sit on the back of the sofa, and look out the window.

Have attached some photo's I took today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0008.jpg (92.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0017.jpg (83.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0021.jpg (91.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0022.jpg (96.5 KB, 8 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-09-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the update - Molly and Lilly are so sweet! They look inseparable and I love the pic of them snuggled up together - they will soon be too big to both fit in one bed hehe

I do hope your neighbours cat will be ok, poor thing

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-10-2009   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

Hello Supersmithy

I'll let you know how our neighbours cat is, as soon as we find out ourselves.
At the moment Molly and Lilly are playing in the bedroom, for tiny cats....they are really fast....(speed on legs, hehe.)

When they were brought here, the lady who delivered them, also brought their mum and 2 siblings........4 kittens and their mammy, all fitted in the same catbed........we are wondering how long it will be before Molly ans Lilly decide they will use the other cat bed, lol.

We have noticed that whatever room we happen to be in, Molly and Lilly are not long in joining us.

I spilt some tea, the other day, and went to get a cloth, to mop it up, when I came back with the cloth, it was to find one kitten lapping up the tea from the floor, and the other with her head in my cup, (drinking my tea.)

Now I dont get peace to drink a cuppa tea, as I have two kittens, waiting for me to either put my cup on the table, or spill some more..........aaarrrggg
They literally paw at me, whenever they see I have a cuppa.
Unread 11-10-2009   #4 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Molly and Lilly are beautiful, they look so comfy together.
Glad they're going to be house cats, it's perilous out there sometimes. I really hope your neighbours cat is ok too.
Love the crochet blanket too, beautiful colours, did you make it? xxxxx
Unread 11-10-2009   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

My great auntie made the blanket for me, (about 20yrs ago,) sadly auntie Eena passed away about six years ago...it wasn't till her funeral, that I learned that auntie Eena, was actually called Christina, lol....apparently when my granddad was a wee boy, he couldn't say Christina, so he called her Eena instead, and it stuck....

(hard to imagine granddad, mum and dad too for that matter having a life before we were born, lol)

(my beloved granddad will be 93 soon...he's amazing, up till a year ago, when his eyesight got too bad, my granddad was emailing all 20 odd grandkids etc...he still lives in his own home too.) It was granddad who instilled in us, the love of animals and when I was a child, he told me that whatever love you show an animal, that animal will love you 10 times more.

Sadly we were told about an hour ago that our neighbours cat, had died in the night.....so sad ,my neighbour is really upset.....she also has the task of telling her kids, when they come home from school.

Last edited by dollydaft; 11-10-2009 at 10:04 AM. Reason: (spelling mistake oops)
Unread 11-10-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

hallan is on a distinguished road

Molly & Lilly just get more & more adorable!
I am so sorry that your friend & her children lost their cat. One of my friend's cats was run over a couple of weeks ago, he was only two. Molly & Lilly are safer as house cats if there's roads nearby.
I like your blanket too, I have a similar one my Grandma crocheted for me when I first left home. It is on my sofa & Newt loves to sleep on it! Your Grandad sounds like a wise & special man!
Thanks for the update, good to hear that Molly & Lilly are both well and full of mischief!
Unread 11-10-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about neighbours cat, poor little guy - the same thing happened to me last year with my lovely Simba, it's heartbreaking

On a lighter note your story about the tea made me giggle - I once was on my way to bed and decided to take a glass of milk up. I poured it and left it on the stairs while I turned out the lights and when I came back out Tippy was busily lapping away at it

Unread 11-10-2009   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

Where we live its a cul de sac.......you dont see or hear the road from the house...but there are two main roads within a 5 min walk...hence the danger.

At least at home I know that Molly and Lilly are safe, they have scratch post and toys, and we are hoping to get them a cat activity centre/tree thingie soon, so that they will have plenty to do...though they seem to have a facination with running up and down the stairs at the moment.

Was so funny earlier, went into the kitchen, and saw both Molly and Lilly, sitting in front of the washing machine....watching the clothes being spun, the wee heads were going round too hehe

My dad is here for a few days...he goes home tomorrow morning, and I wont see him, till we all go to visit him next month...(yes Molly and Lilly are going too.)

Dad was telling me this story about my big brother, because he was born in September, Scott was only four, when he started school, in 1973.

When he came home, mum was desperate to know how he had got on, so she asked him....the conversation went like this...

Mum...well son did you like School?

Scott....shrug shoulder

Mum....Whats it like in primary one?

Scott..fine

Mum, (getting desperate,)...Well son do you like your teacher?

Scott...nope

At this point mum got a brainwave
Mum...right wee man, tell yer mammy...what was the best part of your whole day?
At this, apparently Scotts wee eyes lit up

Scott....(all gleeful) Mammy guess what...see in the boys toilet...well there's this wall....an you're allowed to pee on it.....

Typical wee boy, hehe...wait till I torment my big brother over this one heheh

#########Sorry about that thought the true story of my older brothers first day at primary school might bring a smile....

First photo, Scott with me, in 1973, (the year he started school,)
Scott now lives abroad, with his wife and daughters.

The other photo's are of Molly and Lilly.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scott and Lorraine 1973.jpg (96.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0007.jpg (95.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0003.jpg (92.5 KB, 4 views)
Unread 11-10-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Funny story about your big bro - I bet that gets told at every gathering just to embarrass him
We used to have deck chairs like those too in the 70s - brings back memories!

I just love Molly and Lilly - they are like two peas in a pod, they are at an age where everything fascinates them, like washing machines - treasure the moments..

Unread 11-10-2009   #10 (permalink)
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersmithy View Post
Funny story about your big bro - I bet that gets told at every gathering just to embarrass him
We used to have deck chairs like those too in the 70s - brings back memories!

I just love Molly and Lilly - they are like two peas in a pod, they are at an age where everything fascinates them, like washing machines - treasure the moments..
Sadly we lost mum a few years ago.....our family is scattered all over the uk and abroad, (Canada, USA, Australia, Tasmania etc,) so very few get togethers.

No the really embarrassing story, that mum and dad, love to relate, involves me, more's the pity.
It has been so long since I had a cat, that I have to date bought several books...on kitten and cat care...not to follow exactly, more for reference.....just in case if you know what I mean.

Last edited by dollydaft; 11-10-2009 at 07:06 PM. Reason: More info

Tags
adorable , age , amazing , babies , beautiful , beds , behaviour , black , books , boy , care , cat , cats , children , color , eyes , fast , fun , funny , great , grey , hey , home , house , kitten , kittens , lost , love , mat , morning , night , paw , pee , play , playing , scratch , shoes , siblings , sleep , sleeping , story , toys , upset , vet , window

Sponsored Cat Links