It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-12-2010   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Angelic
welsh kitty lover is on a distinguished road
Default what age to let a kitten out

hello all , my licke billy is only 9-10 wks old he had his jabs today he really squealed
anyway i asked the vet when is the right time to let him out because i was thinking of not letting him out until he is 4mths old after ive had him neauterd but he said that after his 2nd jab he can go then but he will only be 13wks old then tho

any thoughts please or when did you let yours out ?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-12-2010   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

faybio is on a distinguished road

Billy looks great, welch.

Would I be out of line if I recommended not letting him out at all? At least not without supervision?

Ahh, surely things are different in Wales from where Ilive in the US. Likely it's much safer for a cat where you live, with rolling green hills, etc etc. Here it's cars, cars, and more cars. Which means Zeuss is an indoor cat who only goes outside on a leash.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-12-2010   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Cool
Mokie is on a distinguished road

Hi, I think your right about waiting till he is 4 months, that way he will be a big man and able to hold his own. I always start slow introducing them to the outdoors, sitting out there with them for the first little while ect...... Good Luck
Unread 03-13-2010   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

hi guys thanks for that , we live on a country park estate so plenty of fields / grass ect we have got a road in front but its a quiet street and its a 5mph limit so ime pretty lucky when we were looking at houses we turned alot down due to roads ect if we didnt live here i wouldnt have another cat so its good job we do cos we moved here with one then two came along and stayed and now billy
Unread 03-13-2010   #5 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hi Claire, most people on here will tell you to keep Billy as an indoor cat, it is so much safer.
Myself, all my cats are outdoor cats, though they spend most of their time inside.

Seeing as you're in the countryside, I suppose it's ok. But I would wait longer than four months. I have let mine out at six to seven mths.

I have paid the price of losing these three babies to traffic accidents.

Ooops, forgot to say, Billy is adorable. xxxxx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HARLEY.jpg (87.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg slinky jovi.jpg (89.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg the spotlight is on floyd.jpg (90.4 KB, 2 views)
Unread 03-13-2010   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

As a child I had too many of my cats ending up dead to put it bluntly. I know that they are curious and like to explore etc but I don't feel the need to let them outside. I do live in a city but even if I didn't I wouldn't. Even my 8 month olf boys aren't interested. They have it too good inside. Billy is a cutey.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Unread 03-14-2010   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

I mostly have to agree with everyone saying keep him indoors, though if he is well supervised, then I'd be okay with it
Unread 03-14-2010   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

thanks guys ..this is a hards one
my other cats go out the living room window is left open for thenm to come and go as they please but i do have them in at night time and put them to bed
i think i will just go with things get him done then go from there i got to tell you tho he is one little bugger
Unread 03-14-2010   #9 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Happy
Hannah's Mom is on a distinguished road
Smile Billy

Hi!

I agree with the others that I would never let my cat outside, but it is definitely a personal choice. I just lost so many outdoor cats as a child. My mom has 3 outside, 1 completely inside. If you do let Billy outside though, I would definitely wait past 4 months. They are still babies then and so small, in my opinion. Good luck!
Unread 03-20-2010   #10 (permalink)
Newborn

sifa123 is on a distinguished road

I think your right about waiting till he is 4 months, that way he will be a big man and able to hold his own.

Tags
adorable , age , another cat , art , babies , car , cat , cats , great , hey , hurt , indoor , jack , kitten , kittens , kitties , lost , lucky , night , opinion , outdoor , photos , small , thoughts , vet , window , youtube

Sponsored Cat Links