It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-09-2010   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road
Default Cat Nicknames

I'm sure there's probably been a thread like this before but I was wondering what nicknames you give your cats. As Nicole09 pointed out to me no matter what we call them all they hear is 'Master' but what silly names do you give them and why? Mine are as follows:

Ripley - Princess (when she's good), Madam (when she's bad, if I say 'Oi Madam' in the right tone of voice when she's being naughty she will stop what she's doing, look at me and then, of course, just carry on), Mrs Miggins (after a character in Black Adder, don't actually remember how this one came about) and Minnie the Moocher (cos she mooches)

Newt - Roly Poly Pudding (often shortened to Pud Pud or just Pud after a Beatrix Potter story), Shortcrust (cos she's only small), Sweetie Pie (as she's so good natured) and Little Pickle.

As I've said before they don't seem to mind what I call them as long as they are getting the required level of service from their human servant!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-10-2010   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

Jane Phillips is on a distinguished road
Default Cat Nicknames

There were 2 cats who owned me. One blond with green eyes, the other part-siamese, black with blue eyes. The part-siamese would walk around all day and MEOW!, So, he was singing. Black hair, blue eyes, singing? SINATRA. Blond with green eyes, worked with Sinatra? Rod MCKUEN. OK, those were their REAL names. Now, as for NICKNAMES---MCKUEN was the leader of the two. Blond leader?? KIRK, of course! As of SINATRA--blue eyes, singing--well, complaining all the time, he was follower, not leader! That made him MCCOY!!! So, when they were bad, I called them by their real names, McKuen and Sinatra. When they were good, they were Kirk and McCoy. Can you tell I'm a "trekker'?? Still.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-12-2010   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Cheeky
imperialfelines is an unknown quantity at this point

I name all of my cats old gods and goddess.

I would have to disagree with the "All they hear is Master" idea... well at lest with my cats. I breed wild cat hybrids and I would have to say that they know their names.

Sometimes they are to good to come to me when I call them, but they do know who they are.

cats can be trained just like dogs, it just takes time.

www.imperialfelines.com
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 06-23-2010   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

MissAshley is on a distinguished road

I very rarely use my cat's given name (Gwenevere), except when I'm talking to someone else about her. When I'm talking to her, it's usually "Pretty Kitty" or "Pretty Girl". Gotta keep that confidence up! :P
Unread 07-26-2010   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

tavi-cat is on a distinguished road
Cool

I call both of my cats princess when they demand things. They are both females and totally act like a couple of princesses.
Unread 07-27-2010   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

zabel is on a distinguished road

Picking out a nickname for a cat is kind of hard to decide. Perharps the best nickname for a cat is not choosing the most used. Some nicknames might simply suggest themselves from your cat's movements, behaviour or actions.
Unread 07-27-2010   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Chatty
courtney&griffin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to courtney&griffin Send a message via twitter to courtney&griffin

Griffin is usually called either Griffy, Griffy-poo, Griffles, Griffies, Little fuzz, Baby kitty, Little floofy, baby fuzzy, little big head, cutie, little snuggley or sh*tty kitty if he's bad, lol :P

"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns
something he can learn in no other way."
- Mark Twain
Unread 09-19-2010   #8 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Stressed
Nymarie is on a distinguished road

Kon, I typically call big boy. Or "Kon you big scaredy-cat!".

Nym is either Nym, Miss Priss, or Little Miss. When she comes into the room, I usually greet her with "Hey beautiful!" and she greets me back with her typical purr meow.

My friend calls her cat Shea, Shea biscuits. It always makes me laugh.
Unread 09-27-2010   #9 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Bored
Pheobe Treats is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I have lots of nicknames for my cat:
Kit Kat
Pheobes
Pheoboy (even know she is a girl)
Pheobster

And many more but yes I do agree they probably only do here master ha ha!

A
Unread 10-21-2010   #10 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Mellow
musicanimal is on a distinguished road

Devon: devon-dog (by my husband, he stomps his paws when he walks, and kind of looks like a little bull dog when he walks), handsome, boy, (basically he's my special one of the bunch, we have a bond that no one else does.)

Dexter: dexie, silly but poor cat is called it.

Oliver: Oli, Owl-iver, he has HUGE round eyes.

Patches: tripod, pervert (he's our 3legged cat that also completely wettens catnip toys)

Shadow, Checkers, and Fluff don't really have a particular one, I call all 3 of them pretty girls, pretty kitties.

Tags
baby , beautiful , behaviour , black , blue eyes , boy , breed , cat , cat's , catnip , cats , dog , dogs , eyes , girl , hey , kitties , kitty , mat , meow , poo , siamese , silly , small , stop , story , toys , why? , wild

Sponsored Cat Links