It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-13-2010   #11 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I know how terrible this is for you, and for Lestat too. but you visiting him is the best thing you can do.

Bring in a shirt that you have slept in tomorrow, to leave in his cage. Not something you value, because you won't get it back.

Each time you visit him, though it is heart breaking to leave him, you do come back, so you are teaching him that. I mean, he now knows that even though you do leave, you always come back.

All paws still crossed for the little boy Lestat.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-14-2010   #12 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Poor little mite, as you say it's the not knowing and waiting which is the worst. I hope you managed to get some rest as you need to stay strong too.

Hoping for some better news today, Lestat is in my thoughts xx

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-14-2010   #13 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Lu_Bloodmoon is on a distinguished road

Good morning,

Called the hospital at 7.30 am as I usually do, before leaving home for work. The vet said he's stable and is less prostrated this morning. Still has vomits when trying to eat some food. No diarrhea with blood yet but he will have it eventually because that's one of the damages the virus causes. Maybe it won't be so aggressive when it does come.

Will visit him again at 12 pm for more cuddling and caressing.

Thanks all for the concern.

"Dogs have masters. Cats have servants."
Unread 10-14-2010   #14 (permalink)
kat
Cool Cat

My Mood: Angelic
kat is on a distinguished road

Good morning Lu,

That is great news, that he is stable! I think that the worst may be over for the little guy.. but still praying for you and him that he pulls out of it completely and you can take him home where he and you will feel far more comfortable.

Send him hugs when you see him later today from the 3 of us!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROUD MUMMY OF DIZI AND SASHA!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 10-14-2010   #15 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thank you for keeping us updated. The first thing I do upon awaking is check here. Keep getting better Lestat, your mommy needs you!
Unread 10-14-2010   #16 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Hi it's me again.

Came back from the hospital and he seems more alert. They will try to feed him in half an hour. He was lucky enough to spend the 30 minutes I could be there in my lap, wrapped in a towel. He was loving it and purring like mad. Too bad I had to leave him *sigh* but tonight his mummy will pet some more.

They will not do blood tests tonight, only tomorrow, since the LEUC count is still pretty low. They continue to tell me that his life is still at risk. :'(

Here's a photo I took last night. He is less prostrated today though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 131020102831.jpg (24.6 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Lu_Bloodmoon; 10-14-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Unread 10-14-2010   #17 (permalink)
kat
Cool Cat

My Mood: Angelic
kat is on a distinguished road

Hi Lu, all I can say is hang in there.. that photo broke my heart... close to tears... but its good news to hear that he is more alert...

He looks so sad in the photo, and just wants to come out to his mummy - shame poor baby!

Will keep checking for updates!

PROUD MUMMY OF DIZI AND SASHA!!!

Unread 10-14-2010   #18 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Awww...the sweet boy! Were you allowed to bring in something that smells like you to leave with him?

I know it's awful to have him in the hospital, but I'm sure you are taking some comfort in the fact that he is getting the best possible care.

Did he have a blood transfusion?
Unread 10-14-2010   #19 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Gail,

No, I cannot leave anything there for him because he's in a sterilized environment.

No blood transfusion yet, he might not need it if his white cells continue to increase. Anyway it would probably make him better temporarily only because the virus would try to destroy the blood cells again. The kitten needs to grow his own immunity. The cat plays a very important part at getting better, it's up to him to a certain level. I am not looking at expenses to get him the best treatment possible. We even started to joke that we'll pay more for the hospitalization than we did for the cat itself. Not that it matters really.

He's still at risk but slowly getting better. I felt more serene today as he's more alert and less sad. Was the first time I left without crying lol.

I wish he could come home on the weekend, when I have more time to spend with him. It's my birthday on Sunday and that's the only gift I want. Would love to spend it with him and no one else.

My boyfriend is sad for the kitten too but he seems more worried about me, seeing how sad and worried I am. He wants to get another Chartreux - from another breeder obviously - just in case anything happens to Lestat, although I told him he cannot be replaced.

But he's so angry and disappointed that I'm almost sure he'll go ahead with this crazy idea. I don't mind ending up with 2 cats but I want Lestat to live a long life with us. It would never be a replacement for me. I fell in love with Lestat the minute I got him.

Unread 10-14-2010   #20 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

I'm glad things are looking up a bit but it's tough on both of you to have to keep leaving him behind. Just remember he is in the best place for the moment.
You should try and persuade your bf to hold back on another cat for now, when Lestat comes home he will need to reacquaint himself and need lots of tlc until he is back to his old self. But in time a little playmate would probably be fab for him, and trust me you will find enough love in your heart for two!

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
The Following User Says Thank You to supersmithy For This Useful Post:

Tags
age , aggressive , animal , another cat , antibiotic , antibiotics , baby , bites , boy , breeder , breeding , care , cat , cats , color , computer , crazy , crying , diarrhea , diet , dry food , ear infection , eating , environment , fast , fever , fight , food , game , gift , girl , happy , health , hey , home , infection , kitten , kittens , lost , love , male , meowing , money , morning , night , not eating , pet , play , problems , sad , save , scared , scratch , shelter , sick , sickness , sleep , sleeping , small , story , thoughts , type , vet , vocal , vomit , vomiting

Sponsored Cat Links