It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-14-2010   #21 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I agree with Heidi, now is not the time to be thinking of adopting another cat.

Once Lestat has been home a good while, and is completely out of the woods with his health concerns, then I am all for adopting another, two cats is always better than one though I do urge you to go through a rescue and adopt, rather than buy from a breeder.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-14-2010   #22 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Lu_Bloodmoon is on a distinguished road

The evening visit was nice and I feel a bit relieved although still very worried.

He was able to eat a small portion of canned diet food without vomiting for the first time.

And also for the first time the vet told us some positive info, saying that he is going on the right track and responding very well to the treatments.

He even started to talk to me again. When I say something to him he usually answers with meows, he's so cute and so funny when he does that. Since today he's been having conversations with the nurses and vets too, I was told LOL.

I'm very anxious for tomorrow's blood tests, to see how many white cells he has now. Once they are normal and if he doesn't vomit anymore, he's allowed to come home with medication.

But the virus is very sneaky and the cells can drop rapidly again, Lestat has to keep strong as up until now. The visits I make seem to be very important, he gets so happy every time I show up and I'm sure it gives him some extra will to fight and survive in order to come back home to the best mummy in the world.

Feeling serener about my precious blue baby.

Think tonight I will have a first decent night sleep since this misadventure started on Tuesday...

"Dogs have masters. Cats have servants."

Last edited by Lu_Bloodmoon; 10-14-2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: typo
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-14-2010   #23 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

YAY! so glad to see this happy update! How lovely that Lestat is talking more again.

Sweet Dreams Lu.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 10-15-2010   #24 (permalink)
kat
Cool Cat

My Mood: Angelic
kat is on a distinguished road

I am soooo very thrilled to wake up to such good news!

I'm sure he will only get stronger, and to be honest I reckon its all your visits that keep him motivated

Good luck with the blood test results today, I hope it just gets more positive daily...

PROUD MUMMY OF DIZI AND SASHA!!!

Unread 10-15-2010   #25 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Hey Lu, really happy to hear that little man is doing better and has found his voice again . I bet they have all fallen in love with him at the vets!

Let's hope he's over the worst and can go home with his mama soon

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 10-15-2010   #26 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Good morning all,

Again I must thank you for the concern and interest you've all shown since the beginning of this event.

Called this morning as usual and he's eating normally but in small amounts, which is the way to do it. And no more vomits! Let's hope he continues like that, his condition is very stable now.

The diarrhea has stopped too, the vet who stayed with him during the night says he's in a good mood.

I can hardly wait for the blood tests they will run this afternoon.

I now truly start to believe that my sweet baby will survive. He has to, it wouldn't be fair for him nor me...

Hehe he's become the star of that hospital, everybody knows him and he conquered the heart of the staff there, he's a real fighter.

I was so lucky to take him at an early stage. He didn't have to go through the nastiest symptoms of the disease.

P.S. Learned one more thing about cats: they tend to hide when they are in pain. I didn't know that at the time but I thought that behavior was weird and the day he stopped eating he started to hide behind the sofa. That and not eating were the triggers that made me rush to the vet. Thank god!!

Fingers and paws crossed for today's blood count.

Here's a new photo from last night. He was feeling better but he has the look of a drug addict LOL but I guess it's normal with the tons of medication he's on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14102010286.jpg (30.6 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Lu_Bloodmoon; 10-15-2010 at 04:03 AM.
Unread 10-15-2010   #27 (permalink)
kat
Cool Cat

My Mood: Angelic
kat is on a distinguished road

P.S. Learned one more thing about cats: they tend to hide when they are in pain. I didn't know that at the time but I thought that behavior was weird and the day he stopped eating he started to hide behind the sofa. That and not eating were the triggers that made me rush to the vet. Thank god!!

I also didn't know this! Now I will be sure to watch out for these signs should anything happen to my babies.... (but lets hope I never have to experience these symptoms)

Oh Lu, I am so very happy for you and your little man! I'm sure your birthday wish will come true now! Still holding thumbs and paws that he continues to do so well!

I love that he as won all the hearts of the staff at the vet! Little loverboy! But who could not, he sounds and looks like such a little angel, and a fighter at that... who can not respect and love a little personality like that! Well done to him for being so strong... and well done to you for getting him to the vet as soon as you did, and also for being so strong! I have no doubt that the bond you will have with Lestat now is going to be even stronger than ever! Somehow I believe they know when you save them... like with my Dizi, sometimes I catch him STARING at me, like he is staring right through me... into my soul, I believe its his way of saying "thank you for saving me" and "I love you so much, you don't even know"... because when I found him his gums were as white as snow, and he was so very weak... but now, you wouldn't say its the same kitten. He just has a way of telling me how greatful he is, and I'm a strong believer that they are very well aware of all we do to them, thats why, people who abuse any animal should not be considered human, because those little personalities are so well aware of their surroundings its scary, they are not just cats, they are personalities who have a say in life too... even if we have to say it for them.

So, prepare yourself girl, this little boy is going to cherish every step you take in life along with him... and I'm sure vice versa... he will only continue to get better (I believe) because he is a real fighter, and he just wants to get home to you... which makes it that much more worth it!

PROUD MUMMY OF DIZI AND SASHA!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kat For This Useful Post:
Unread 10-15-2010   #28 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

What a lovely post Kat - ditto everything you said!

Good luck this afternoon Lu

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 10-15-2010   #29 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thanks for the happy update.

Hiding can indicate pain or sickness but one very important thing to keep in mind is:

The cat is the master at hiding pain and illness. Often you will not notice anything is wrong until the cat has been sick for quite some time. It is instinctual for them to hide pain and illness, so by the time it shows, usually it's because they just can't hide it anymore.

So, sometimes if you get your cat to the vet and find out he's been ill or in pain for longer than you realized, don't blame yourself. It's their nature to not let anyone see they are sick, in pain, vulnerable.

Okay, off the lecture podium now

thank you for the picture of Lestat what a sweet boy he is. I hope you can take him home today, but it's wonderful that he is getting such good care.

please read this first
Unread 10-15-2010   #30 (permalink)
Cool Cat

That is so true Gail.

Maybe it was my motherly instincts (don't have any children so the cat is my baby) that told me to rush to the vet. For instance, my boyfriend was not worried because for him the cat was just fine and he seemed more or less ok in fact. But I got a feeling, don't know what to call.

And this specific breed, Chartreux cats, are not very vocal at all. He only meows to have conversations with me and only on some occasions. And their meowing is very soft and low, sometimes you can barely hear it (good thing for the neighbours hehe).

I've read that the owners of this breed have to be very observing because they will never complain when in pain. But from what you say it's like this with all cats. I thought they would complain with loud meows... learning something new all the time.

But I digress...

What I have to post is that there's a great chance that Lestat will return home tonight!!!!

He's eating very well now, not just taking little bites. He's in a great mood and playful, even showed me his tummy so that I could pet it. If the blood results are acceptable he'll be discharged from the hospital.

The vet said the weekend is a very good time for a cat to return home because the owners have more free time to spend with the cat and can be alert to any changing sign or condition.

I'm so excited and overwhelmed. My little warrior cannot disappoint me tonight.

I confess I threatened him last night hihi "cat, you get yourself better to spend my birthday with me or else..." and I guess he took it seriously.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lu_Bloodmoon For This Useful Post:

Tags
age , aggressive , animal , another cat , antibiotic , antibiotics , baby , bites , boy , breeder , breeding , care , cat , cats , color , computer , crazy , crying , diarrhea , diet , dry food , ear infection , eating , environment , fast , fever , fight , food , game , gift , girl , happy , health , hey , home , infection , kitten , kittens , lost , love , male , meowing , money , morning , night , not eating , pet , play , problems , sad , save , scared , scratch , shelter , sick , sickness , sleep , sleeping , small , story , thoughts , type , vet , vocal , vomit , vomiting

Sponsored Cat Links