It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-07-2010   #11 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersmithy View Post
So, Sasha is on her final week of steroids, and from Thursday is only having a half tablet every other day. She didn't have one yesterday and is due one this evening. What I wanted to know though is because she has to be weaned off them, will it have an effect on how she is feeling? She just hasn't seemed herself today, she has been very quiet, although she has eaten fine. Could this be due to having her medication reduced?

BTW, they seem to have done the trick for now, just have to see if it returns once she is off the tablets completely.
Yes, I think she might have some withdrawal effects even doing it gradually. I know you will keep a close eye on her for any other unusual symptoms, but if you are concerned of course give the vet a call and check.

Does your vet have voice mail? I love my vet's voice mail. I just call and leave my questions, then she calls me back. And she always returns calls, it's great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-07-2010   #12 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Bashful
Jim F is on a distinguished road

I have been on Prednisolone a couple of times and didn't notice any change in mood when I came off. But then I'm not a cat either. I hope Sasha will be well and not have more problems after getting off the steroid.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-07-2010   #13 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Well, she has been much more her normal self today, maybe because she had a dose last evening? Will see how she is tomorrow, I am working from home then so can stay close to her.

Auntkitty, thanks for your thoughts!

Jan I hate the thought of separation anxiety, hope our week away didn't cause it, but it's something to watch out for in future.

Gail our vet surgery is open 24/7, so no voice mail! Sasha has no other symptoms so hopefully it's just a bit of withdrawal.

Jim, glad the meds did not adversely affect you

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 11-07-2010   #14 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Bashful
Jim F is on a distinguished road

It's always a good idea to try the medicine on humans first and if it doesn't hurt them, then it's okay for kitty. (kidding you know) Glad Sasha seems to be doing better.
Unread 11-10-2010   #15 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

How's Sasha doing? Ripley & Newt say they hope she's back to her usual cheeky self soon.

Tags
advice , allergic , allergy , antibiotic , anxiety , baby , cat , clean , drawing , dry , environment , eye , eyes , food , great , hey , holiday , home , hurt , kitty , litter , love , mites , pills , problems , ringworm , scab , separation , small , steroids , stress , surgery , test , vet , weaned

Sponsored Cat Links