It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-29-2010   #11 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Lovely story Gail, I can just picture the mayhem in your house! I think If I had a few more cats I wouldn't bother with the TV

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-29-2010   #12 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Thanks Heidi! When Tolly's Bibbs (rb 3/05) was still with us they had a game that I used to love to watch. Bibbs would sit in her cardboard box (Bibbs-In-A-Box) in the middle of the living room floor.

Tolly would dash through the living room into the bedroom, and LEAP over Bibbs-In-A-Box. As he leapt over her he would say brrrrmmmppp! And Bibbs would stand up on her hind feet and swat at him with her paws.

Tolly would thunder into the bedroom, and then come roaring out and do the same thing, going the other way.

Over and over they would play this Game.

Queen Eva has a bed behind my lap top computer. She started curling up there early on so I whipped up a little bed just for her, back there. She loves it and usually has a paw or tail poking out around the edges of my screen.

Hi Mom!

Hi Mom!

Recently Mazy has discovered this Spot. Now understand this is Queen Eva's spot, fair and square, no other cat has ever slept behind the computer before. But now that Mazy has found it, when she is in it, she will not budge.

it is hilarious to watch Queen Eva when she wants this Spot and Mazy is in it. She is just beside herself because she can't figure out how to get Mazy out. It's a tight fit back there so she can't crowd Mazy out like she might try to do in a more open space. So she jumps over Mazy, back and forth, trying to figure out a way, as Mazy sleeps on, with, it must be confessed, a VERY smug look on her face!

and

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 10-29-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-29-2010   #13 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Queen Eva behind he computer again

Can you see the Angel Kisses in her tail tip?

close up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 10-30-2010   #14 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Angel kisses, what a sweet term, yes I see them

Hehe that's funny, it's such a territorial thing with cats isn't it. I see it all the time with my two, yesterday Sasha was in the preferred spot of the moment - the cupboard under the stairs. Pixie saw me talking to Sasha and immediately had to get in there as well. So Sasha promptly exited in a huff

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 10-30-2010   #15 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

It was someone on TCS who told me the term Angel Kisses. They shared the story too, but I've forgotten it already.

Sasha going off in a huff heehee, she does not like to share!

please read this first
Unread 10-31-2010   #16 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

hallan is on a distinguished road

Oh, all these stories are great!

Heidi, you made me laugh out loud at Pixie eating all Sasha's kitten biscuits!

Gail, I love the pics of poor little Queen Eva trying to budge Mazy from her spot! A lot of the games are so familiar too, Chase-me-chase-you is popular in our house and they play Newt-in-a-box. Ambush is also played a lot.

The best Ambush I ever saw was by Ripley. She was settling herself in a shoe box which has a lid attached when the lid dropped down on her head. 'This is too good an opportunity to miss' she must have thought and she sat there for ages waiting for Newt to come along. All I could see were two huge gold eyes peeping out from the box. Newt eventually came sauntering along completely oblivious to the surprise that was in store for her. Ripley launched herself out of the box Jack-in-the-box style with both her front paws up in the air. Poor Newt must have jumped about two feet in the air in shock.

Ripley is number one cat and Newt seems happy with the arrangement. The only exception is that Newt will always stand her ground where food is involved. Before she came to live with us Newt was living in a household with three adult cats and two other kittens. She was the smallest and she must have had to learn fast that she had to stand up for herself if she was going to get her share. When we first got her she was eating her food when my husband stood too close to her bowl for her liking and she turned round and growled at him. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen - this tiny little kitten growling at a fully grown 6' 2" man!
Unread 11-09-2010   #17 (permalink)
kat
Cool Cat

My Mood: Angelic
kat is on a distinguished road

hehehe... as Heidi says, most of these stories are so familiar... as most of you know, I only got Dizi 5 weeks ago, so I'm still learning his ways... but it amazes me how he is always trying to copy Sasha. WITH EVERYTHING...
But one thing that is so adorable with Dizi is when I get home from work, he always greets me at the door (as does Sasha) and he rubs himself up against my legs purrrrrrrring so loudly I don't even have to put my face close to him to hear it, and sometimes he is rubbing up against me so hard that he loses his balance and falls to the floor. But, that doesn't stop him, he keeps rubbing me with his head... he loves when his mamma comes home! And it makes me feel so special.

Sasha just loves getting affectionate after a nap... she comes up to me and rubs herself against me, and if my hand is anywhere away from her she will go to my hand and lift it with her nose forcing me to rub her... I just love it... and while this is happening she ever so gently gives me a love bite!
I reckon Dizi is going to be really affectionate, all the time, whereas Sasha, being the Diva that she is, is only affectionate when she chooses to be.

Dizi has also been making his way onto her bed when she is there busy cleaning herself before bed time. And, she just lets him be, but he won't stay for long, he's still unsure, but I'm positive my cat piles will be developing sooner than I thought...

Whenever I want to pet Sasha, I make a click of my fingers and she comes running so fast, cause she knows that when she hears the click, she will get a rub from mamma But with little Dizi, he just sees it as a game for now, and just wants to bite my fingers... but he will learn, soon enough!

Oh, I can go on for hours about how they both are so different, yet so similar...I can't wait to spend the next 20 odd years with my little babies!

PROUD MUMMY OF DIZI AND SASHA!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to kat For This Useful Post:

Tags
annoyed , another cat , apartment , art , aww , birth , bite , brother and sister , cat , cats , color , computer , defensive , eating , eye , eyes , fast , female , fight , found , friends , fun , funny , game , growling , hey , home , house , interesting , litter , love , lucky , nice , nose , ownership , pee , personality , play , poop , pounce , sleep , sleeping , stealing , stop , stories , story , tribute , water

Sponsored Cat Links