It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-17-2010   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Cheerful
Hawki is on a distinguished road
Talking Callie's first story

Over the years of having Shadow, I wrote many humerous True stories regarding his antics...I am continuing this tradition with our latest family member.

Callie’s 1st Story

AS most of you know, Rose and I recently had to say goodbye to Shadow. His personality and antics over the 12 years he brightened (I use that term loosely) our lives will never be forgotten. It was a very sad day when we helped him over the Rainbow Bridge. After weeks of having a cat free household; with Rose moping around with no litter box to daily clean; I convinced Rose that she had suffered enough and urged, begged and pouted until she agreed to visit Hillside SPCA and adopt another feline companion. A few weeks ago we adopted a year and a half old long haired, Calico Female….Rose named her “Callie.”

When we were trying to choose a kitty at the SPCA, Callie was front and center, purring loudly, rubbing and meowing softly at Rose and myself. Her sucking up performance got her a “Kitty Academy Award” cause she melted our hearts and we brought her home.
After the first week or so Callie adapted to her new home and started to assert her presence. As she grew more accustomed to us we expected to start to enjoy a lap sitting, night cuddling, bundle of furry, purring love.
What we got was “The Calico Attitude Kitty.”

Being new to owning a calico cat, Rose and I knew nothing of their personality traits. After years of being trained by Shadow, we assumed we knew cats. WE were Wrong!

Callie’s idea of “Lap Sitting” is…when I am good and ready to lap sit, I will grace your lap with my presence for a set amount of time (determined by Me) and then leave. Period.

Her rendition of “Night Cuddling” consists of quietly ascending onto the bed, silently stalking a lower leg extremity, and furiously attacking the afore mentioned extremity when it slightly moves. This usually results in Rose awakening out of a sound slumber and having her direct words at Callie that I really cannot print in this story. Of course her tirade has the added effect of waking me from my land of slumber also. This causes Callie to ‘exit stage left’ in a timely manner. She then gives everyone ample time to resume their sleep pattern and repeats the process.

Callie is a bundle of “Furry, Purring, Love.” The trouble is her being furry, purring and loving is strictly according to her timetable. When I get home from work she follows me into the kitchen and proceeds to lovingly rub against my legs, purring contently, looking up at me with her green eyes full of love…when I use my work weary body to bend down to pet her she runs away from me faster than Jessie Jackson at a Klan Meeting. When I straighten back up, groaning loudly she takes that as her queue to make the nice man make the funny noise again.

In the short time that Callie has entered our lives she has gotten us on track to her Training Schedule. Being cat lovers, we are accustomed to the routine. Every night when I come home from work I will endure the pain of bending to attempt to pet her because I think I have her trained to greet me. Stupid Me.

Speaking of stupid, Callie has her moments. While she is not yet on the same I.Q. plane as “Ketchup Ass Shadow” she did have an idiot moment the other day. As she was sprinting back and forth from the front door to the back door, just because…she stopped dead in front of the cedar chest and stared intently at the wall and ceiling. At first I assumed she spied a fly, ladybug or undulating cobweb. I was mistaken. Her little head started to bob up and down. Apparently Callie spotted the second hand on the Shaker wall clock, as the second hand advanced, clicking every second; Callie kept time with it using her head bob movements. I timed her…the clock kept her amused for almost 5 minutes. I do not expect to be changing her name to Einstein any time soon.

Rose had a cat type related Brain fart moment yesterday….it seems that she heard Callie meowing almost continuously and set out to find her to help her if needed. Rose searched the house looking for the cat. After almost 20 minutes of fruitlessly searching for Callie Rose realized that the meowing was coming from a story on the television. I refuse to even attempt a comment. 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawki For This Useful Post:

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-18-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hilarious. Sounds like Callie is really going to be keeping you on your toes for many years to come.

PS I love how she Chose you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 12-18-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-19-2010   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

I hope you have many happy years with Callie.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Unread 12-19-2010   #4 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Hawki is on a distinguished road

Thank you Aunt kitty and Gail,
Callie's latest discovery is the fun she has when she removes the little metal drain strainer from the tub and bats it around the bathroom repeatedly. This creates a wounderous, tinny, ringing type sound; of course she only engages in this activity during the wee hours of the am.
This reminds me of something Shadow did as a youngster...he would take the plastic top from a 2 liter soda bottle and drop it from the top of the bare wooden steps we had in a former home. He would make sure it hit every one of the 12 steps and then carry it back to the top for a repeat performance. Just like Callie, his bottle top playtime would only start after midnight.
Rose and I were younger then, so the sleep deprivation didn't bother us as much then as it does now.

Tags
adopted , age , attacking , cat , cat lovers , cats , clean , eyes , free , fun , funny , home , joy , kitty , litter box , love , lovers , loving , meowing , mistake , moments , new home , nice , night , personality , pet , play , print , sad , sleep , spotted , stories , story , television , training , type

Sponsored Cat Links