It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-19-2011   #21 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Fine
dollydaft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK49BWL View Post
"Oh but cats aren't human, to do that to humans is barbaric but it's okay for cats."

/extreme sarcasm / money-mongering company view

My friend Mhairi, was here last night, and as usual, we were having a cuppa, and in conversation, generally putting the world to right's.
I mentioned this thread, Mhairi, has two dogs, three cats, and all were adopted from shelters.

One of Mhairi's cats, has three legs, it had been hit by a car. Needless to say, all Mhairi's cats are indoor.
Anyway, I let Mhairi, read this thread, and when she read about what they actually do to the cats, her first reaction, was to say, "Oh ma god, ah feel sick.
She also said that evil's too kind a word for vets who do this to cats, only I cant replace the word she did call them, on a public forum....lets just say, it wasn't nice or ladylike.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-21-2011   #22 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone--when I started this thread, I wanted to open up people's eyes to what really happens when a cat is declawed as well as boycotting Banfield and Petsmart. I am also hoping that, somehow, we can ban this procedure in the United States.
Banfield claims to do it so that nothing more "drastic" will happen to the cat. I don't see anything more drastic than amputating a cat's toes, do you? If they are talking about cats being brought to shelters and/or dumped on the streets, they dump declawed cats on the streets all the time, and they also bring declawed cats to shelters. So I cannot see the logic in this. Actually, there is no logic--just greed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-22-2011   #23 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntKitty View Post
Actually, there is no logic--just greed.
There you go.
Unread 02-26-2011   #24 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

I would like Banfield to answer this question: They say they only do it as a last resort. In most of the European countries, declawing is illegal. If and when declawing becomes illegal in this country, then what would their "last resort" be?
I know that alot of laws that become state laws and federal laws are originally laws that started out in California. I know that about 6 counties in California have outlawed declawing. Hopefully, it will become a California state law. Then, maybe other states will follow. I think we all need to write to our people in congress about this barbaric and inhumane act.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Unread 02-28-2011   #25 (permalink)
kat
Cool Cat

My Mood: Angelic
kat is on a distinguished road

This is absolutely ridiculous! I mean, how can they sit there and say that their best interests are in the well being of the animals??? It just doesn't make sense when they are running a business / operation that allows for declawing!

Banfield, shame on you for even believing that your interests are in the animals, this is cruel and inhumane and I will forever remember the name of your enterprise and NEVER support you! No matter what, and I WILL spread the word!

My thoughts and prayers are with those poor innocent kitties that have to / are going through this horrible ordeal as we speak! Much love x If I was a super hero, I would save you all!

PROUD MUMMY OF DIZI AND SASHA!!!

Unread 02-28-2011   #26 (permalink)
Newborn

Polly is on a distinguished road

This company is run by people who's brains aren't working properly.Attempts to train them to have a conscience aren't working.In the interests of keeping them safely in their current homes a bit of head amputation is necessary.Is the guillotine still in operation in France?
Unread 02-28-2011   #27 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

Polly's post for the win!
The Following User Says Thank You to AK49BWL For This Useful Post:
Unread 01-14-2014   #28 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Cheerful
BlackWolf65 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banfield The Pet Hospital View Post
We came across this forum and want to thank you for this feedback and for keeping the well-being of cats as a top priority. We completely understand your concern here and want to acknowledge that.
I don't believe that you really do understand our concern.

Quote:
...we believe the service of onychectomy ultimately leads to better overall care for many cats...
That's nothing but a load of litter box refuse.

Quote:
...Banfield doctors do perform a surgical onychectomy if they believe that a cat cannot be trained to refrain from using its claws destructively in the home...
Anyone who takes in a cat or kitten and is unwilling to live with the possibility of the occasional piece of furniture being scratched at should not be allowed to have a cat.

Quote:
...Unfortunately, all cats are not amenable to behavior modification and we believe that this surgical procedure will result in fewer cats being abandoned or euthanized.
Please - can you support this position with any kind of data? Because those who are opposed to declawing most certainly CAN provide the data to refute this statement.

Quote:
We also believe feline onychectomy should be performed only with the medically appropriate use of anesthetics and analgesics and adherence to careful surgical and post-surgical protocols.
How very ethical of you. You anesthetize the animal before you mutilate it.

Quote:
In our practice, recovery from surgery is very rapid, with the outcome leading to a stronger bond between pet and pet owner, which ultimately leads to better overall care.
And now we return to the litter box contents...

Declawing is a barbaric and inhumane practice. In my humble opinion, every person who subjects their animal to this torture should have their fingers removed at the first knuckle - including the thumb.

Edit to Add: I would like to rephrase the above statement. I realize that some people aren't aware of what really happens with declawing, or they are deliberately misled by unethical vets. My wish to have the fingers of those who declaw cats amputated was directed at those who DO know, and go through with it anyway. That includes vets who carry out the procedure. My apologies if I offended anyone who may have had a cat declawed without being fully knowledgeable about the practice.

Last edited by BlackWolf65; 01-15-2014 at 02:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf65 For This Useful Post:
Unread 01-14-2014   #29 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Happy
Pita-Cat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via twitter to Pita-Cat

We are against this procedure! Like many other cat owners out there, we believe that the procedure is cruel and inhumane.

We love cats! Get a copy of Pita Cat's Free eBook Today -
The Following User Says Thank You to Pita-Cat For This Useful Post:
Unread 03-31-2014   #30 (permalink)
Newborn

ScottPFournier is on a distinguished road
Default Declawing

I'll tell you what I'd do if my cats scratched everything in my house, NOTHING.

Tags
age , behavior , bite , breed , car , care , cat , cats , claws , crying , cut , dogs , eyes , family , feedback , found , furniture , health , hey , hiding , home , hurt , internet , kitten , kittens , laser , medical , night , opinion , pet , petsmart , play , prayers , problems , rescue , scratch , shoes , sleep , smart , spay/neuter , stop , surgery , traditional , training

Sponsored Cat Links