It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-25-2011   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chooch is on a distinguished road
Default mikey at vet now!

been down to the vet AGAIN! mickey jumped up on a six feet set of shelves, climbed into a bag that was on top of shelves and fell off inside the bag.

After this he was obviously hurted, he was limping on his right leg, and wanting to lie down all the time..

They said he was fine and just bruised, he got a painkiller injection, he has been sleeping a lot since that, does the painkiller make him tired?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-25-2011   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Busy
Sunlight is on a distinguished road

Hi.
I hope he will get well.
And yes, he can sleep because of the pain killers. Most of them has inside something what calm down them. And the other, if he is in pain, or fill himself injured, he does not want to move, so he goes to sleep. If he eat well, use the litter box, do not worry to much. But of course keep your eyes on him, if anything change, go back to the vet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-26-2011   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

thanks sunlight, he is much better today..
Unread 03-26-2011   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Busy
Sunlight is on a distinguished road

I am happy to listen he is better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 03-26-2011   #5 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear Mickey is better Poor kitty he must have been so frightened when he fell. Cats are usually ok when they fall because they can land on their feet most of the time, but because he was stuck inside the bag he got hurt.

Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Unread 03-27-2011   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Oh Jan, how scary! Yes the pain shot would make him sleepy (stoned more like) and keep him still for a while so his body can heal.

Queen Eva hurt her back when she was about four months old from a fall (I am assuming as I didn't see it happen)

Find out what the pain shot was, it's important to know what he had for future reference.

I'm glad he is doing better, I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier so I could have sent feel better Mikey vibes, but at least I was spared the worry I would ahve felt.

please read this first
Unread 03-27-2011   #7 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

Mikey, get well soon! (((((HUGS))))

Unread 03-28-2011   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Oh poor little Mikey! I hope he's feeling better soon.
Their curiosity does get them into trouble, he must have been so frightened when he rolled off the shelves in that bag.
Unread 03-29-2011   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hey Jan how about an update on Mikey? I'm hoping no news is good news!

please read this first
Unread 04-09-2011   #10 (permalink)
Cool Cat

thanks everyone for the nice messages about mikey, yes he was back to his normal self after a couple of days, he wouldnt attempt even jumping on the sofa at first so he must have really bruised himself, it was quite worrying actually because he is always so active, but thankfully he is running around like a tazmanian devil again lol, and sorry gail i never replied earlier, in the middle of redecorating. Jonesy and mikey are totally facinated by this because the room thats getting painted is the spare room and the door is always closed cos it had a lot of junk in there, so they are dying to explore it but cant let them in with the fumes and wet paint. what a carry on!

Tags
baby , box , calm , cats , dying , eyes , great , happy , hey , hurt , jumping , kitty , litter , litter box , nice , scary , sleep , sleeping , vet , worry

Sponsored Cat Links