It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-29-2011   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Default What a fun Game!

Queen Eva likes to chase the Bouncy Balls. I bounce them and she chases. We've tried this in varying ways, to allow for maximum fun, but minimizing lost balls, (or preventing me from having to crawl around under furniture) Sometimes I bounce it to fly up onto their Tower which is fun for her, but they get lost pretty fast.

Lately I stand at one end of the room and throw it to bounce off the floor, then the bank of windows, then the floor again. this is working great, Queen Eva chases it wildly, but now the other cats are getting involved too! They don't chase the ball, instead they go dashing through the line of fire. It's hilarious. I wish I could describe it better, I'm going to have to try to get some video of it.

But I am thrilled that I have found a Game all four can play at once, to get their running off of energy done when I get home from work. We don't play it every night, there are many other Games, after all. I save it for the days I've been away for long hours, when I know they (especially Queen Eva) have slept a long time.

Queen Eva needs to run every day, and some days I am just so tired. This Game really helps her burn some energy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-29-2011   #2 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Hawki is on a distinguished road

It sounds like it would be fun to watch. I can't wait to see the video.
Hopefully, as Callie and Slider get more adjusted, especially Slider...(see the kitchen ceiling post)we will be able to play games where they will participate.

Butch
Husband to Rose, Servant to Callie; Man Butler to Slider.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-29-2011   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawki View Post
It sounds like it would be fun to watch. I can't wait to see the video.
Hopefully, as Callie and Slider get more adjusted, especially Slider...(see the kitchen ceiling post:rolleyeswe will be able to play games where they will participate.

See it where? I see nothing about a kitchen ceiling., please direct me, I don't want to miss any Slider stories!

Oh sure, in time Callie and Slider will forget they ever didn't live together. Multiple cats are so much fun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 04-03-2011   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

That sounds like loads of fun, everyone joining in the game!
My two love bouncy balls, especially Ripley. The way the house is set out you can stand at one end of the living room and roll or bounce a ball through the living room, through the kitchen and (if you judge your throw well) through a small hallway into the bathroom at the back of the house. We start off at opposite ends of the house. Me at one end with a supply of balls and Ripley at the other end. I roll and bounce the balls through the house and Ripley lies in wait then pounces on them or jumps up at them as they go past. Once my supply of balls is exhausted we swap ends, I collect up all the balls and we start again. We've not played this in a while (Ripley and Newt are laser pen obsessed at the moment) so I'll have to dig the bouncy balls out.
They do seem to go missing at an alarming rate. One of the shops I go into for household stuff used to have a vending machine with small multi-coloured bouncy balls in which were 20p each. I'll have to check if it's still there.
Unread 04-03-2011   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Busy
DaddyCat is on a distinguished road

Does anyone else have a "fetching" cat? Our Beethoven loves catnip-laced puffballs. He'll sit like a dog until I throw it, then run after it, bring it back to me in his mouth and drop it in my hand for another round. He doesn't care where it lands or what he has to go through, he will retrieve it and bring it back.
Unread 04-03-2011   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Beethoven sounds like a fun cat!

Tolly is my fetching boy. He likes to play Throw The Mouse Down The Stairs And Bring It Back UP and Throw It Down Again. I throw it, he chases it down and brings it back for me to throw again. Tolly is 12 years old and has been doing this all his life.

And my last Red Boy was a fetcher too.

Queen Eva did some fetching when she was a couple months old, but she gave it up, deciding I guess that it was more fun to chase it, then watch me go after it and throw it again.

please read this first
Unread 04-15-2011   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

pompett is on a distinguished road

yes i had a cat that used to fetch, and if i didnt say fetch she wouldnt give it to me! aww i miss her now!
Unread 04-16-2011   #8 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Worried
alleygata is on a distinguished road

Simba fetches, too! I thought he was the only one in the world to be so smart. LOL It doesn't matter where I throw it he'll find it and bring it back to me. He likes the small fur mice and sometimes I look down and there will be several at my feet just waiting to be thrown again.

I bet he's the only cat that rolls over on command, though! Yep, he does and it's the cutest thing. Wish I had a video camera so I could show you.
Unread 04-16-2011   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Queen Eva rolls over on command. "Show me your belly" I say and she does her little flop and stretch. I'll have to get it on video.

please read this first

Tags
art , belly , boy , care , cat , catnip , cats , dog , fast , fire , found , fun , fur , furniture , game , games , great , hey , home , house , laser , lost , love , missing , night , play , queen , save , small , smart , stories , video

Sponsored Cat Links