It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-22-2011   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Default Remote control toy

Do any of you use remote control toys with your cats? What one do you use and what do you like or dislike about it? I think Queen Eva would really like something like that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-23-2011   #2 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chooch is on a distinguished road

i remember when my kids were little and had any remote control toys the cats used to be scared of them, think it was because of the noise they made, i've never had any special cat ones though, i've noticed my two dont like toys that wind up or vibrate, so dont think i would go for one of them, but let me know how it goes if you get queen eva something, you are spoiling her rotten ha ha,
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-23-2011   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

What made me think of it is this little car I have that came in the Cheerios box. It the kind that has a little tension band inside you know you pull it backwards a few times to wind it up and then let it go.

Tolly and Queen Eva are both fascinated with it. Even though it doesn't go very far under it's own steam, they seem to think it is great fun to chase it. So I thought an RC toy might work for them.

The ones I've looked at on line all have very bad reviews.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 04-23-2011   #4 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chooch is on a distinguished road

yeah i got them a little cat toy like that, its a mouse with wheels and you pull it back and it rolls along the floor (not that far though) i can only use it in the kitchen cos i have carpets everywhere else, they chase it when its moving but because they cant throw it around they soon loose interest in it, i got them one of those little novelty toy things, its like a weighted plastic ball with a soft toy attached, its a battery powered thing, so when you turn it on it looks like the furry animal is pushing the ball, i thought the cats would love this because it rolls all over the floor by itself but the two of them were terrified of it!

I also have a soft toy that talks when you press it, i pressed it when mikey was looking at it and he swiped it, claws out, in the face, so dont think he likes that!
Unread 04-23-2011   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch View Post
yeah i got them a little cat toy like that, its a mouse with wheels and you pull it back and it rolls along the floor (not that far though) i can only use it in the kitchen cos i have carpets everywhere else, they chase it when its moving but because they cant throw it around they soon loose interest in it, i got them one of those little novelty toy things, its like a weighted plastic ball with a soft toy attached, its a battery powered thing, so when you turn it on it looks like the furry animal is pushing the ball, i thought the cats would love this because it rolls all over the floor by itself but the two of them were terrified of it!

I also have a soft toy that talks when you press it, i pressed it when mikey was looking at it and he swiped it, claws out, in the face, so dont think he likes that!

Hilarious! I love reading about cats' reactions to toys.

I laughed out loud at the last part, Mikey swiping it in the face with his claws!

please read this first
Unread 04-23-2011   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

I tried playing with some cats I was catsitting for with one of these:

They're called ZipZaps. That one actually is identical to the one I have, lol.

But out of the four, only one even showed any slight interest in it lol. They're tiny cars, and they charge by docking to the top of the remote for about a minute, then they'll be drivable for about 5 minutes before requiring a recharge.

Another:
Unread 04-23-2011   #7 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch View Post
i got them one of those little novelty toy things, its like a weighted plastic ball with a soft toy attached, its a battery powered thing, so when you turn it on it looks like the furry animal is pushing the ball, i thought the cats would love this because it rolls all over the floor by itself but the two of them were terrified of it!
Was it called Wacky Weasel or something like that? I've got one and some of my cats run away but some love it. It depends on how brave your cats are normally. It did take several minutes before anybody would go near it but once they decided it wasn't going to eat them they got some good exercise! I get good belly laughs out of it!

Unread 04-23-2011   #8 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Worried
alleygata is on a distinguished road

I bought Simba one of those little hamster toys that are all the rage with kids now. i forget what they're called but you can get the houses and other accessories to go with them. They're kind of cool because they make a little noise and move different directions and not too fast or noisy. Simba hit it a couple of times but that was about it. LOL Do you want me to send it to you?

Tags
animal , bat , belly , box , car , cat , cats , claws , cool , fast , fun , great , hey , image , love , mouse , moving , playing , queen , scared , toys

Sponsored Cat Links