It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-25-2011   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chooch is on a distinguished road
Default mikey the bread thief

i really have to watch mikey when there're bread around, he loves bread! So i just caught him running away from the bin with a big chunk of brown bread in his mouth and had to chase him all over the house to get it back but he was determined to eat it and would stop and have a little chew and then dash off again before i could get him, i eventually got most of it off him but he is so cheeky and he will eat anything, but obviously i dont want him to eat bread dont know if it would do any harm but imagine it would make him a bit bloated and uncomfortable.

I always feed my cats felix canned food, you get four pouches in one can so its much cheaper to buy cans but recently my friend gave me some supermarket premium pouches that her cat didnt like, my two absolutely loved them. I think it might be cos its in gravy and the felix is in jelly. I checked the ingredients and it has more protein than felix! the felix had 7.9 protein and the supermarkert brand had 8.5. its also got all the same vitamins and minerals so i might keep buying it, as jonesy is so picky this might encourage her to eat more, dont have any worries about mikey, he will eat anything you put in front of him!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-25-2011   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I was laughing out loud about you chasing down Mikey with the bread!

Jennie is my bread fiend, I have to keep bread put away. I once left a loaf of whole wheat bread on the counter and came home to an incredible mess. Chunks of bread and crumbs scattered from one end of the house to the other, and quite a few piles of regurgitated bread. I leaned my lesson!

As for the food, why not continue to feed both? The higher protein is good, but check what the protein ingredients are. Not all protein is created equal, if the food is getting it's protein from corn or wheat gluten instead of identifiable meat, it's not all that great, even if it is higher in protein.

But..if Jonesy likes it that's a good thing. Feed both brands.

Feeding a rotation is good for several reasons.

If there is a recall on a product you are feeding, you know your cat has not been eating ONLY the recalled food so there is less danger.

Also, if there has been a recall or a food has been discontinued, you still have other foods you know your cats will eat, while you look for a replacement.

And finally, there is still much unknown about cat nutrition. Feeding a variety ensures that, even if one food is slightly lacking in something crucial, the other food may contain it, so its better nutrition for kitty.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-25-2011   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chooch is on a distinguished road

yeah i try and buy different kinds so they dont get fussy, but i wont buy the gourmet type food, i think its really fattening and too expensive, didn't know that about the protein gail so will look at the meat content.

As for mikey im going to have to go and have a little play with him, he is being naughty trying to get attention cos jonesy is sleeping and he is bored!
Unread 04-25-2011   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

What foods do you think are fattening? "Gourmet" on a label doesn't really mean much. It's just a marketing word, to appeal to humans and so they can charge more. The name of the food can be very misleading. It's what's in the ingredients and where they are on the list, that is important.

In general the higher the quality of the food, the less likely it is to make a cat fat. The ingredients in food that make a cat fat are too many carbohydrates. That's partly why foods with corn and wheat gluten as the protein source are not good.

In my opinion, almost any canned (or pouch) food is better than dry food anyway.

Hope you and Mikey have some Fun Games!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Tags
bloated , brown , canned food , cat , cats , dry , dry food , eating , food , great , hey , home , house , kitty , mess , nutrition , opinion , play , sleeping , stop , type , uncomfortable

Sponsored Cat Links