It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-06-2011   #11 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Tired
Dally is on a distinguished road

no, as he wasnt really concerned about it. she wasnt slowing down like this at the time though so that was likely why. i just make sure she can get to places she likes easier so she doesnt have to jump or climb and i make sure she gets her hairball meds every week as a preventative as she gets those. and shes on a diet that is formulated for her urinary problem. generally we make life as stress free for her. i have a variety of toys for them so she doesnt have to play with ones that she doesnt like or are too stressful on her (fishing rod like toys and such). i put a soft blanket in the cat house for her and she sleeps in there often now. i offer many hiding places for her as well should she feel insecure and as sad as it seems, we blocked off the bottom of the chinchilla cage for her as one of our chinchillas would purposely scare her by running at the bars! so poor jessie would run away all the time. problem solved! it was funny as kiki would only do this to jessie. its like she just thought it was funny to make jessie run away scared. so blocking off the bottom with a fleece blanket really helped keep them from seeing eachother so now jess can walk by the cage without getting freaked out.

for her grooming issues, as shes a longhair, she gets mats as she doesnt seem to care on her grooming like she once did. so shes shaved nearly bald on her body as she hates the brush with a passion. so because its too stressful to her to brush her daily we just shave her once a month and do regular trims on her bum so she stays clean and mat free. she enjoys it too. just lays there and naps while we shave her... then after she rolls around everywhere and has a bit of a run. i think she likes being shaved so it works for everyone, even if i have a goofy looking cat! shes happy, clean, and doesnt get mats. and as a bonus i can make her cute little sweaters for winter! and on cold days i set up the heating pad on low for her to lay on for a bit. i got this new cat house because it was big enough for 4 cats and had ladders for jessie to use it too.

she gets daily back scratches too. she LOVES those. shes spoiled and misunderstood by a lot, but her and i have been through a lot together. she knows when im upset. its like shes got a radar. even if shes in the other room, she knows when im upset. she always comes running to me and sits against my leg and purrs and if she's really smart about it she bites my arm to tell me to stop being upset. shes a great cat, despite her problems. but she stuck with me throughout my problems, i dont see any reason for me to not do the same for her. even when she pees outside of the litter box occasionally and occasionally gets poop in her tail and i have to clean it... even the time she soiled herself and it was too nasty to get out without a shower... gave her a shower to get her accident out of her fur and she bit me in the ear and gave me stitches, a pierced ear, and a weeks worth of cephalax antibiotics lol shes worth it all. and she gives cat kisses too. love those cute little blinks! shes over all a great cat. just has her problems and is misunderstood by many

on a side note, i catch her chewing her nails. like literally she will bite and pull on her claws when she cleans them. its so funny and cute. shes the only one to bite them and pull like that. she seems to try to do it even when theyre trimmed.
Gylfie--Patched marble tabby longhair (feral)
Destiny--Silver mackeral tabby Longhair (stray)
sorry in advance for odd typos--Gylfie runs across the keyboard

Last edited by Dally; 05-06-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-06-2011   #12 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Worried
alleygata is on a distinguished road

Simba's a nail bitter too. It is funny to see them doing that. He mostly keeps his back nails short. LOL
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-06-2011   #13 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Tired
Dally is on a distinguished road

she does it to her front nails. its so weird, ive never seen other cats do that lol
Gylfie--Patched marble tabby longhair (feral)
Destiny--Silver mackeral tabby Longhair (stray)
sorry in advance for odd typos--Gylfie runs across the keyboard
Unread 05-08-2011   #14 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Just seen this thread, I think she looks lovely and quite unique with her colouring

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx

Tags
another cat , beautiful , bite , breeding , car , cat , cats , chinchilla , clean , computer , diet , eyes , feral , found , fur , geriatric , girl , grooming , health , hey , hiding , image , lazy , loss , love , loving , maine coon , nervous , nose , overweight , picture , play , poop , problems , scared , siblings , sleeping , small , smart , stitches , stray , tabby , vet , weird

Sponsored Cat Links