It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-20-2012   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Emma Darling is on a distinguished road
Default Recued Kittens Need Your Help

Hello everyone. One month ago My partner and I rescued five orphaned kittens at about one week of age. They are now five weeks old, potty trained, eating well and active. Unfortunately they have all recently acquired some pretty bad diarrhea . Possible culprits being intestinal worms or maybe Coccidia. When I contacted the Humane Society and merely asked the woman if she had any suggestion as to what I could do or where to turn, she responded "You could bring them here to me and sign them over for euthanasia?" I nearly cried at just the thought. We are fostering these kittens solely out of compassion and humanity but sadly do not have enough funds for the medication and fecal testing required to return all five kittens to adoptable health. Estimated cost being roughly $220. Anyone willing to help in any way would be an absolute blessing. Eventually, we would like to find loving homes for the babies once back in good health and each one spayed and/or neutered. If anyone would like to help get these little guys healthy again please check out our kitten fundraiser. All you have to do is search "Cause For Kittens" on Fundrazr.com
Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2648.jpg (98.9 KB, 0 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-20-2012   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Fine
LillyKits is on a distinguished road

This is only a suggestion but it may help...

There are a lot of vet and/or private organizations that will help with vet care. Most are lower cost than free. If you go on the internet to search for this in the county you live in first and then surrounding areas. Keep in mind that most help out there is for free spay/neuters. Some will help with vaccinations. Most will not do anything else like treating sick/ill cats/kittens. There are also no kill shelters but that would be a last resort since you already are "home" to them why not keep trying to find an organization near you first?

Some vets if you call them and explain your financial situation, may let you just bring in one kitten (pay only for one visit that way and then pay for meds for all of them? since they are all from the same litter, just a thought?...)

There is more understanding out there now since so many people are not working now and if you persevere, that means be really nice because you most likely will be told no more times than yes, but just keep trying. There is always a solution! Please don't take them to a shelter who will just euthanize them. Try also getting the word out that they need adopted but will need medical care, there is still people who would adopt them and take them to the vet for medical care since it is an expected expense when bringing home a new pet.

My heart goes out to you. Keep your chin up and know you are doing the right thing.
Is needed, like a dish of cream.
~ T. S. Eliot
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to LillyKits For This Useful Post:
Unread 07-20-2012   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

Emma Darling is on a distinguished road
Default Kittens

Thanks for your response Lilly. We have contacted over 30 local rescue programs most of which have not responded to our messages as they are mainly volunteer organization. Others just simply cannot help out at this time as it is "kitten season" and they are stretching their efforts already. After contacting many local vets, I finally decided it was time to get them checked out. I could only afford to take in two of the kitties at a "litter price" of $15 each instead of the $54 for a single kitten. They were reluctant to give me dewormer for all five kittens seeing just two of them but in the end, they gave me all five doses which was .05 cc of Strongid for each kitten. That came out to a total of $81 for 2.5 cc of medication plus the $30 visit. Not what I was quoted over the phone. Raising them since one week of age, we've already purchased 7 KMR powder containers totaling $150 all together Also, they still have diarrhea and I am suspecting Coccidia or Giardia which means they will need some testing done and new medication, something like Albon I suppose. I will be contacting more groups and vets to see what kind of deals I can make because I am not taking them to a shelter. That is why we have created the Fundraiser for the kittens. Euthanasia is NOT an option!
Thanks again Lilly

Tags
adopted , age , babies , cats , diarrhea , eating , fostering , free , fundraiser , health , healthy , hey , home , homes , internet , kitten , kittens , loving , medical , nice , orphaned , pet , rescue , search , shelters , sick , spayed

Sponsored Cat Links