It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-22-2006   #1 (permalink)
muslgrl

Default cat food recipe

Diet for Adult Cats:

Feed an adult cat as much as she will eat in 20 to 30 minutes. Refrigerate the leftovers promptly. It is recommended that you feed your adult cats twice a day. This recipe provides approximately three servings.

Choose one protein source (meat amounts given in raw weight):

1/2 pound boneless chicken breast or thigh, minced

6 ounces ground turkey, or minced turkey (dark meat)

1/2 pound lean beef, minced

1/2 pound beef, chicken or turkey heart, ground or minced

About three times per week, include one chopped hard-boiled or scrambled egg. If you would like, once a week, substitute 4 ounces of organic liver for 1/2 of any meat source. Another option is to substitute a four-ounce can of tuna that is packed in water, a six-ounce can of sandines, or a five-ounce can of salmon with bones for any meat source once every two weeks. Do not use canned fish as a protein source for cats that are prone to urinary tract problems.

For cats needing a lower protein diet, add one cup of cooked white rice.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-05-2007   #2 (permalink)
crookshanks

Thanks for sharing this. Till now, I never gave her eggs. But will try giving them now. My cat loves Tuna & wants it everyday

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-08-2007   #3 (permalink)
Rocky

Ive never fed my cat anthing but cans of food and the raw cat meat packs you can get from supermarkets. Lately though hes very fussy, some days he will like a certain type other days he wont touch that type. Ill try this recipe and see if he likes it!

Unread 01-10-2007   #4 (permalink)
aja3171

I have never gave my cats eggs either, but this is some good info and I will definitely try this diet for adult cats.

Unread 06-21-2008   #5 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing this recipe. But my cat hates rice. Can you recommend any substitute?
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

|
Unread 10-22-2008   #6 (permalink)
Kyle2008

Default "Cat Food Recipes"

Cat Food Recipe Ingredients:

* 7 oz mashed sardines
* 1/4 cup dry non-fat milk
* 1/2 cup wheat germ

Cat Food Recipe Directions:
Mix ingredients. Roll into 24 small balls. Placed on greased cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees until brown.
We hope your cats enjoy this yummy cat food recipe!
=======================
Kyle
Our mission is to provide high quality end to end solutions to the BPO segment in a manner that will improve the operational efficiency while reducing the cost of the services to the client.
4thdimension1@gmail.com

Unread 10-22-2008   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

thank you. I think they will like it very much!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 10-24-2008   #8 (permalink)
sandy2008

Default Cat Food

An important nutrient is the amino acid derivative taurine, as cats cannot synthesize the compound. Cats fed a taurine-deficient dog food may develop retinal degeneration and go blindAn important nutrient is the amino acid derivative taurine, as cats cannot synthesize the compound. Cats fed a taurine-deficient dog food may develop retinal degeneration and go blind.
================================================== ========
Sandy
Our mission is to provide high quality end to end solutions to the BPO segment in a manner that will improve the operational efficiency while reducing the cost of the services to the client.
4thdimension1@gmail.com

Unread 11-25-2008   #9 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing these recipes guys. I'll try them out one of these days.

Unread 11-28-2008   #10 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Kyle2008;65384]Cat Food Recipe Ingredients:

* 7 oz mashed sardines
* 1/4 cup dry non-fat milk
* 1/2 cup wheat germ

Cat Food Recipe Directions:
Mix ingredients. Roll into 24 small balls. Placed on greased cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees until brown.
We hope your cats enjoy this yummy cat food recipe!

I will try this one...looks delicious and I think my cat will love this one...Also it is easy to do...

||

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."

Tags
adult , brown , cat , cat food , catching , cats , cool , diet , dog , dry , egg , eye , fish , food , fur , great , hey , interesting , joy , kitties , kitty , love , mat , nutrition , problems , raw , small , turkey , type , water , weight

Sponsored Cat Links