It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-21-2008   #11 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

I feed my cats eggs on a weekly basis only. I think eggs are high in cholesterol. Am i correct?
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

|
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-26-2009   #12 (permalink)
Meghana

I registered in this site only for the reason i foundit through web search as my cat fell ill after feeding it regularly with omlets.... It caught vomiting & dioreah after that & this happened as i had no clues how to tak care of cats. Now i got special cat food for it & its so very happy & playful.

Do post me useful tips about how to train my kitten.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-26-2009   #13 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

I've heard that eggs are not so healthy for cats.

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 04-26-2009   #14 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hi Meghana, welcome to this forum. It is a very good site, with many useful information, you can search the various topics and find out more goodies... Please introduce your kitty to us. Hopefully with pictures.. Thanks !

Unread 05-03-2009   #15 (permalink)
iput

I've tried once fed my cat a boiled egg. She doesn't like it. Her favorite food is fish and chicken.

Unread 05-03-2009   #16 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Mine also are fish and chicken lovers !

Unread 05-03-2009   #17 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

BTW, welcome to the forum ! I noticed you are from Indonesia... there is another member, Joyce, she's from Jakarta, Indonesia. Please upload some pics of your kitty (as for mine, you can view them in my profile's album and my photo/my album at Cat's Picture section)...thanks !

Unread 05-06-2009   #18 (permalink)
DWMeowMix

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchela View Post
Yeah egg is good but never let your cats eat raw eggs. This can lead to skin and hair coat problems. Raw eggs contain an enzyme called avidin, which decreases the absorption of biotin (a B vitamin). Raw eggs may also contain Salmonella.
I felt a little more clarification was need on this post. Raw eggs are not in any way dangerous, nor do they lead to skin or hair coat problems. You would have to feed your kitty an egg white only diet daily for a long length of time for it to become a problem. The raw egg deal is a "people" problem not an animal one.

Raw egg yolk contains biotin which is indeed a B-Vitamin, the raw egg WHITE contains avidin which will indeed bind to the biotin rendering it useless. Cooking the egg white breaks down the avidin so if you want to add it back to the raw egg yolk you can without having it interfere with the biotin absorption. I'm sure that none of us feed our animals an egg only diet. Biotin is also found in organ meats, oatmeal (no I would not recommend oatmeal for cats), egg yolk, brewers yeast for example. PCC | Healthnotes | Biotin . It is also a supplement that the better pet foods will add to their wet foods (I don't know about dry I won't feed kibble). Important Update on Eating Raw Eggs

As far as the Salmonella question, only 0.003 percent of the 69 BILLION eggs produced in this country every year are infected. That's like 1 egg in every 30,000. You have as much of a chance of getting trichinellosis from eating pork. Raw Eggs for Your Health -- Major Update

So, if you want to feed kitty a supplement of eggs, go for it! It's a wonderful, healthful source of protein. I myself include raw egg yolk in the mix that I make for my kitties and trust me their coats are GORGEOUS, soft and silky and all my babies are extremely healthy.

Last edited by DWMeowMix; 05-06-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Unread 05-06-2009   #19 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thanks for the clarification, I found it very informative !

Unread 05-06-2009   #20 (permalink)
vampyra1

Question

I've been reading up a lot on making your own cat food for the past couple of days now. I tried the cooked egg white thing this morning, added a little bit to his Organix cat food and he loved it.

My question: I see all these cat food recipes for beef, turkey, lamb, chicken... etc... but it doesn't say raw or cooked. Am I supposed to be feeding my cat raw meats?

Tags
animal , babies , baby , brown , care , cat , cat food , cats , color , commercial , cool , diet , dry , eating , egg , facts , fish , food , found , fur , great , happy , health , healthy , hey , house , informative , internet , kitten , kitties , kitty , love , morning , nutrition , overweight , pet , pet food , problems , profile , question , raw , search , small , tips , turkey , vomiting , water , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links