It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-06-2009   #21 (permalink)
DWMeowMix

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampyra1 View Post
I've been reading up a lot on making your own cat food for the past couple of days now. I tried the cooked egg white thing this morning, added a little bit to his Organix cat food and he loved it.

My question: I see all these cat food recipes for beef, turkey, lamb, chicken... etc... but it doesn't say raw or cooked. Am I supposed to be feeding my cat raw meats?
That is a personal choice. I do because after a great deal of research and learning from other raw feeders, I feel that the benefits to my kitties health far outweigh the risks. For me it was a question of who to trust, myself choosing the ingredients and making their food after carefully researching health & nutrition for cats, or the pet food companies. We all know how that turned out now don't we?

I am very pro-raw food but I always, always tell anyone considering a raw food diet, carefully research the subject first! Do not compromise your kitties health by jumping in half cocked. So, keep reading and join this wonderful Yahoo Group to learn all you can. It's called RawPaws and you can find it at: rawpaws : RawPaws™ Holistic Pet Care
Also check out Feeding Your Cat - Know the Basics . This is a site that a vet put up and it has TONS of wonderful info on raw feeding and cat nutrition. There are recipes as well.

Feed your kitty the yolks, that's where all those wonderful vitamins and proteins are. Just mix it up in her wet food or break the yolk and just put it a bowl. More likely that not she'll probably eat it that way too.

Keep reading and PM me if you have any questions I can help with. I don't tend to like discussing raw feeding on a forum because people tend to get hostile about their views on what's proper nutrition for cats.

All I can say is read and learn as much as you can and THEN you can make an informed decision on what's right for you, your situation and your cats.

Last edited by DWMeowMix; 05-06-2009 at 06:58 PM.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-06-2009   #22 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Thanks again for the inspiring encouragement, this makes us think more seriously how we should properly feed our cats... Thanks for your suggested study link, will take my time to keep up with those info.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-07-2009   #23 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Pls see the below link. Eggs are NOT recommended for cats.

Will Cook for Cats: Eggs, cheese..oh my!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 05-07-2009   #24 (permalink)
DWMeowMix

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzekmaya View Post
Pls see the below link. Eggs are NOT recommended for cats.

Will Cook for Cats: Eggs, cheese..oh my!!
I am always very interested in new and up-to-date information but a unverified, no-named person's blog is quoted as a source of correct(?) and also unverified info??? I have a problem with that.

Please, please, please don't just run to the internet and grab the first thing you see that corroborates your views. Do your research and back it up with verified facts. I'd be over the moon to study it then. Until that time, I will keep placing my trust in the facts that are obtained from doctors and veterinarians. Bless your heart Maya, it's in the right place.

Unread 05-13-2009   #25 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

My cat loves eating scrambled or poached eggs. The latter is better. There's no grease or milk to make her sick.

Unread 05-14-2009   #26 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Question

I don't feed them eggs, just in case...
Today we have an appointment with the vet because Merlin & Brenda have their annual shots. If I'll remember, I'll ask him about this topic.

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 11-02-2010   #27 (permalink)
Newborn

pawpower is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCal View Post
Never tried that before, but right now I don't think I should. Since the cat is a little bit overweight right now, and don't want to plump her up too much.
Eggs don't make you fat and they won't make your cat fat either. Just don't overcook them. Just till they're set. Yolks can be runny but the whites shouldn't be.
Unread 01-14-2011   #28 (permalink)
Newborn

rescuecatsrule is on a distinguished road

I don't feed Dylan eggs, simply because we don't know whether it's eggs or chicken digest he's got a food intolerance to. I carefully check all cat food labels and won't buy anything with either of those ingredients.
Unread 06-02-2014   #29 (permalink)
Newborn

Cat Addictions is on a distinguished road

I feed my cat hard boiled eggs. I usually don't boil them until the yoke is hard, but slightly runny. Then I break them up and mix them into her food. She gets them a couple times a week maybe.
. Where you'll find reviews and detailed comparisons of the top cat scratchers and other cat related products.
Unread 12-25-2014   #30 (permalink)
Kitten

garrettmarvelwilson is on a distinguished road

I feed my cat eggs from time to time, not raw though she won't go near it, only cooked either boiled or scrambled. I use eggs when I try to feed her protein. I put the protein powder on top of the eggs and she eats it.

Tags
animal , babies , baby , brown , care , cat , cat food , cats , color , commercial , cool , diet , dry , eating , egg , facts , fish , food , found , fur , great , happy , health , healthy , hey , house , informative , internet , kitten , kitties , kitty , love , morning , nutrition , overweight , pet , pet food , problems , profile , question , raw , search , small , tips , turkey , vomiting , water , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links